CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

7 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Reflectively it’s sad it has come to this. Watching his initial debut and it is genuinely one of those moments that just has you smiling at the screen (and this is from someone who dislikes Punk) he is obviously a very thin skinned and bitter man in a profession that swallows people like that up. Hopefully he will keep away this time and stay off twitter. 10 years time and we will have a Punk is Crud thread on here. 

Can't wait for this thread to be revived when he turns up in The Rumble in January and we can all call him a big old hypocrite for going back to the place that fired him on his wedding day.

If H's ticker wasn't fucked I'd be all up for Hunter getting Punk to come back and finally face him at Mania. Third match from the top, just like he was offered last time.

Even let Punk go over, but with a 'Don't Forget, You're Here Forever' on the wall of his locker room on the night.

1 minute ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Can't wait for this thread to be revived when he turns up in The Rumble in January and we can all call him a big old hypocrite for going back to the place that fired him on his wedding day.

I want his return to be him exploding out of a big wedding cake.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Speaking of being in charge, or ‘leadership’, these things people are digging out are fascinating;

https://x.com/thomasrenegade/status/1696642873234489653?s=46

https://x.com/aaronwrotkowski/status/1696664619316609501?s=46

You sort of just get this impression of someone, I’ve said before, who is utterly in thrall to the idea of the ‘old school locker room leader’ and spent his career trying to fast forward to that point, and now he’s age appropriate people still aren’t buying it and he can’t handle it.

My hot take on the whole situation is, he sounds an awful lot of hard work.

I think what made it worse is that he did some MMA training for 18 months and then came back to wrestling thinking he was a hard lad or some sort of shooter. I bet Punk feels he's similar to Lesnar who also left WWE, had a stint in UFC, then came back. 

1 hour ago, Vamp said:

Wrestling isn't good for Punk. Punk isn't good for wrestling.

I agree with everything else you've said but for me this is complete nonsense.

Punks a great wrestler on screen in almost any way you can judge a good wrestler. Very engaging, good looks and promos, great heel and face, great in the ring. Wrestling is better with him in it. 

Maybe wrestling isn't good for Punk but I'd probably disagree with that too, it's clearly his passion and he's clearly lifetime fan. He's had more falling outs than most of today, but not any more than your Shawn's/ Bret's/ Hogan's/ Flair's etc etc. Wrestling was still good for them as it is with Punk.

Edited by LEGIT

23 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Oi oi watch out lads, we got ourselves a tough nut here.

andy richter GIF

Na im about as hard as a wet newspaper me but "life in danger" is farfetched. So many scenarios in the world where "life in danger" would be justified ("justified life in danger chants by this Dynamite crowd") but all 180 pounds of CM Punk throwing a tantrum backstage isnt one of them.

Just now, Fanny Pack said:

Na im about as hard as a wet newspaper me but "life in danger" is farfetched. So many scenarios in the world where "life in danger" would be justified ("justified life in danger chants by this Dynamite crowd") but all 180 pounds of CM Punk throwing a tantrum backstage isnt one of them.

I have to repeat, you weren’t there and you have no idea. What if Punk threw a monitor at his head and screamed “I’m going to fucking kill you” whilst going towards him? Tony Khan’s a small guy with zero training in anything as far as I’m aware.

We’re all basing our opinions off of dirt sheet reporting, which Meltzer himself has said he’s edited a bit because of the legal situation. It’s all nothing to us, it’s Schrödingers shitshow; anything could have happened or not happened.

The one thing we know is, when the box was opened the cat was fired for being a cunt. That’s all we know.

• Paid Members

As has been mentioned a few times already, it seems really unlikely Khan would say "fear for my life" if his lawyers didn't think they could defend that statement. There's should be no doubt that they will have signed off what he said at the start of Collision.

5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I have to repeat, you weren’t there and you have no idea. What if Punk threw a monitor at his head and screamed “I’m going to fucking kill you” whilst going towards him? Tony Khan’s a small guy with zero training in anything as far as I’m aware.

We’re all basing our opinions off of dirt sheet reporting, which Meltzer himself has said he’s edited a bit because of the legal situation. It’s all nothing to us, it’s Schrödingers shitshow; anything could have happened or not happened.

The one thing we know is, when the box was opened the cat was fired for being a cunt. That’s all we know.

Well im going to presume you wernt there either, so all this whataboutery isnt really going to provide you with a strong argument.

If Punk has choked him out, punched him, caused moniters to fall... none of that is life in danger scenarios.

Edited by Fanny Pack

3 minutes ago, Fanny Pack said:

Well im going to presume you wernt there either, so all this whataboutery isnt really going to provide you with a strong argument.

If Punk has choked him out, punched him, caused moniters to fall... none of that is life in danger scenarios.

This has to be a joke right?

Choking, punching and falling items aren’t exactly unheard of causes of death.

Like… choking. It’s almost the main one people are scared of if they get attacked by someone they can’t fend off. 

Such a weird position to tell someone else how they should feel based on something you know nothing about. But crack on.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz