CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The other thing is it might just show up how AEW is, or was, as leaky as a sieve. The same sort of bollocks probably goes on at WWE as well, but it doesn't (generally) find its way on to TV or press conferences, and what happens backstage tends to stay backstage, to some extent.

I don't follow WWE but you can't avoid aggregated bits and pieces and general discussion when online. Past week

CM Punk's promo lost time because because Randy Orton v. Dom ran long.

Triple H was getting blamed online for the poor Raw. Turned out he wasn't even there and Bruce Prichard ran the show.

Speculation that Kevin Owens injury angle was to rule him out of TV when Punk appears on Smackdown.

Sheamus and Drew McIntyre status rumours as their contracts are up in the 2024. Then funnily enough they both appear at the Big 12 Championship game.

Punk v. Austin being talked about / its not gotten as far as Austin. Similarly, with Reigns and not till after WM.

You hear plenty out of WWE. They just haven't had any backstage fights in a while.

13 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Can you imagine him using the word ‘spiritually’?

They’re working something. Be fun if he goes down the route of those bro podcast twerps and turns to things like ‘mindfulness’, positive mental attitude and spirituality etc, before Seth Rollins tries to tear him down and prove he’s a lying sack of shit.

I actually like the fantasy booking but this isn’t new for Punk, he’s been a Positive Mental Attitude wally for years. Has it tattooed on his finger:

spacer.png

Let’s not forget he PMA’d himself into taking a UFC fight while still functionally a white belt. In his late 30s. 

8 minutes ago, Pinc said:

I actually like the fantasy booking but this isn’t new for Punk, he’s been a Positive Mental Attitude wally for years. Has it tattooed on his finger:

spacer.png

Let’s not forget he PMA’d himself into taking a UFC fight while still functionally a white belt. In his late 30s. 

Fucking hell.

I’m actually a Punk fan but him having a ‘Positive Mental Attitude’ tattoo is insane.

He’s about as positive as a kick in the knackers. I’ve seen interviews where he’s prided himself on his grumpy edge.

CM Punk the Wellness-cult leading, new age guru? Let’s go.

He takes the microphone, ditches the WWE branded cube, sits in the middle of the ring cross legged… and leads the audience in a guided meditation.

3 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

One thing that bugs me about the phrase Positive Mental Attitude - if someone can point out what I'm missing, I'd appreciate it, but are there any kinds of attitude other than mental?

The focus is on the word positive I guess? 

But yeah it can be construed as toxic positivity. It can be anything - really - from harmless neologism to just really unhelpful, potentially damaging advice. You go to any psychotherapist worth their salt and they'll tell you that you have a right to be angry and depressed, and it's hugely important to feel and process these things. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

The focus is on the word positive I guess? 

But would there be a difference between a Positive Attitude and a Positive Mental Attitude?

Absolutely nailed it about the toxic positivity, though. 

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

But would there be a difference between a Positive Attitude and a Positive Mental Attitude?

Suppose not. Though now you have me thinking his merch has surely gotta say Positive Mental Attitude Era. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Because you can have a positive attitude towards something other than your mentality. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Because you can have a positive attitude towards something other than your mentality. 

Ah, then I got it the wrong way round - I thought it was to do with having the attitude come from the mentality. Ta