Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 16, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 16, 2025 Reading that Robbie Lawler has submitted a drug test to UFC anti-doping. He’s coming back isn’t he? There were rumours of him going to BKFC a while back, now this. He had about as perfect a sendoff as it’s possible to get and he’s gonna fuck it all up. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 16, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 16, 2025 Yeah, thought he was pretty much nailed on as Mike Perry's next opponent in BKFC. Maybe there's some kind of working relationship there? I'd have thought Jeremy Stephens next fight would be in BKFC but he's got that Mason Jones fight lined up. Quote
Dai Posted March 16, 2025 Posted March 16, 2025 I can't believe he hasnt gone back on the retirement up until this point, so he's lasted longer than I thought. The sad thing is that it's very likely that he hasn't made enough cash to be set up for life, so the lure of a few hundred grand for a fight seems very appealing. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 20, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 20, 2025 Helwani’s saying the UFC are “very close” to bringing Kyoji Horiguchi back. If this news doesn’t bring @jimufctna24 back nothing will! Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 30, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 30, 2025 Confirmed. Horiguchi is heading back to the UFC. Where you at @jimufctna24? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2025 Chuck him in with Pantoja. Keep a theme going like they did with Asakura. I enjoyed that. Quote
Dai Posted April 9, 2025 Posted April 9, 2025 I remember the Pico hype train and just looked at what year that was... 2019! Haven't followed him for years and his hype seemingly has stopped now as well, so it's very interesting to see how good he actually is. Bader has left Bellator too so I assume he will be back into the fold soon. All of these Bellator exits and closure of the brand just makes the whole PFL purchase extremely bizare still. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 Reading Bader was having talks with Rizin. Don't see the UFC bringing him back at 42. Pico signing is a big one. The early setbacks he had probably helped him out in hindsight as it took the spotlight off him, he's turned into a beast though. Quote
Dai Posted April 9, 2025 Posted April 9, 2025 How has his competition been though? 7 of his last 10 opponents have no Wikipedia page. One of the three that does have a Wiki page has a 13-10 record and has lost 7 of his last ten fights and lost 4 in a row, one being Pico. He did seem like a beast back then too, but it doesn't seem like a resume of great wins against great talent, from my uneducated eyes? Still very interested in seeing him though. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 9, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 Pico’s a guy I completely lost track of. I was there for his early fights in Bellator and if I remember right Coker signed him at some ridiculously young age because they saw huge potential in him. I vividly remember Rogan and Schaub hyping him up big time on Rogan’s podcast with Schaub hilariously saying Pico was “our LeBron James”, which became a bit of a running joke for a bit on here every time Pico had a fight coming up. But he had a few bad losses and by the time he started rebuilding himself I think I’d mostly drifted away from following Bellator, barring the odd show/specific fight. Looking at his record since, he’s coming off some wins and a couple of finishes (including avenging one of his early losses to Henry Corrales) but he hasn’t fought in over a year either. He started young so he’s still only 28 now. We’ll see. The rumour going around at the moment is that they’re planning for Pico to debut against Movsar Evloev in May. And if it’s true, he’ll debut at the fucking Apex of all places. Seems a bit quick him debuting next month in a fight like that though. Hopefully they’ll push it back to a bigger card like UFC 316 in June or something. Either way, if the Evloev rumour is true, they’re doing Pico zero favours. Interesting one though given Pico’s wrestling credentials and Evloev’s style. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 1 hour ago, Dai said: How has his competition been though? Bit of a mixed bag, its more the way he's putting people away which is whats impressive, safe to say Pico is above the level of the people he's been fighting. Still, Evloev is a big step up if thats where they book him. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 9, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted April 9, 2025 Just seen Pico’s saying the Evloev fight isn’t happening but it was in the works at one point. Fuck knows. Wouldn’t mind seeing him against Arnold Allen myself. Quote
jimufctna24 Posted June 18, 2025 Posted June 18, 2025 (edited) On 3/30/2025 at 8:54 AM, wandshogun09 said: Confirmed. Horiguchi is heading back to the UFC. Where you at @jimufctna24? Still alive. I'm not as interested in MMA nowadays. I do still watch and enjoy watching the new wave of P4P kingpins (Topuria, Islam, etc). I also wish Nemkov would switch to the UFC. Anyway, I was feeling nostalgic after reading about Jordan Breen's sad passing so I thought I would try and log in. Nice to see the forum is still ticking along. I hope you, Ebb, Carbomb, etc are well. Edited June 18, 2025 by jimufctna24 Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted June 19, 2025 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2025 Hey, @jimufctna24! Great to see you again, we've genuinely missed you. Welcome back. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.