Signings, exits, returns etc

wandshogun09

Fantastic signing, I think. MVP is one of those unique fighters where he could have 2 or 3 stinkers in a row, but his next fight woukd still be 'must see'. The potential is always there for something amazing. Apart from the elite fighters, theres not many that will create the buzz that an MVP will. Looking foward to it.

• Paid Members

His neck was like that for years already by that point as well. He was one of them guys who had to turn his whole upper body to turn his head. I remember that was one of the two things Rogan used to always bang on about when talking about Hendo. The other being that if you met him and tapped him on the shoulder or shook his hand, it was “like grabbing an old oak wardrobe” or something. Cormier said the same about him. The man solid. But yeah, he’s 103 years old now.

I absolutely believe he’s probably serious though, mad as that sounds. He’s not exactly known for being a troll or prankster or having much of a sense of humour. And would it even be a shock in a time when we’re seeing YouTubers box, Pat Miletich just fought and all sorts of bollocks? It shouldn’t happen but he probably is serious.

Plus he’s got a book coming out (out tomorrow according to Amazon) so he’s gonna be looking to get his name back out there…

IMG_5998.jpeg

• Paid Members

Much as I don't like the idea of someone that wrecked getting back in the ring, he was of that generation that did not get paid as much - and, knowing what the US is like, I'll bet a pound to a penny that a huge chunk of the money he earned has gone on medical bills afterwards. If he can get some of that sweet, sweet shit-boxing cash, more power to him.

• Paid Members

Yeah think it was a day or two ago because the short clips of it were popping up in my YouTube recommendations yesterday. They were on about Makhachev vs Volk 2 though so it was obviously recorded after Saturday.

Bit of backstory on the Hector Lombard fight…

Edited by wandshogun09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

This is a weird one. Taila Santos has been released from the UFC.

Don’t get it. Arguably should’ve got the decision against Valentina Shevchenko to become champion, then lost a close and competitive fight against Erin Blanchfield last time out. One of the better fighters in the Flyweight division. All I can think is that she asked for her release because there’s plenty of much worse fighters on the roster who keep getting another fight. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Can only think that she's headed for the PFL - put it this way: if I were a young, upcoming, or non-main-event fighter in MMA right now, I'd be looking at the PFL for where I would seek to earn my fortune. It's quite clear that, unless you're someone the UFC values in particular, you're not going to earn that much in return for the hell you put your body through on their behalf. We saw that with the Mighty Mouse revelation.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I believe the PFL are launching a proper Flyweight Division next year too. The European bracket is playing out and the winner will qualify for next season, so Santos' heading that up sounds like a pretty smart move.