Signings, exits, returns etc

wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Looks like MVP is definitely coming in. This was spotted in the background during a podcast. It’s the card for the UFC PPV in January and you can see his name on the board, matched up with Kevin Holland. Don’t know if that’s still the plan but he’s obviously signed if they’re sorting him a fight. 

IMG-1289.jpg

MVP vs Holland is a weird one for me. It’s a matchup everyone’s gonna probably be jizzing over but I can just as easily see it shitting the bed. Feels like it’d either end spectacularly or it’ll be one of those fights where MVP just pisses about doing nothing and Holland spends more time talking shit than actually fighting. It’s one you’d have to watch though, just in case. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Yeah, a bit too long in the tooth when he made the jump unfortunately. Didn’t help that he had that big spell of inactivity with the run of injuries and I think I remember him saying his wife was really sick as well around the same time. Shame really. I remember him looking like a bit of a potential star in his UFC debut but the show being in Denmark plus the fact they fed him a jobber obviously helped. 

• Paid Members

This thread started with Kevin Lee and within 5 pages he’s came back to the UFC, got steamrolled in seconds, retired and now he’s coming back? He’s gonna be this thread’s version of ‘how many times did Big Show turn heel/babyface’ before long.

Oh, not content with losing fights, he’s gone and lost his smile now as well. 

IMG_5895.jpeg

IMG_5899.jpeg

• Paid Members

Screenshot_20240208_182042_Instagram.thumb.jpg.93694c9aef9acb7eb3d71b45b8a87f48.jpg

I love the gulf of difference between the names he's throwing out. The winner or the loser? 

I can't recall who it was he fought last, but I remember him getting absolutely steamrolled in a bit of a 'being fed to the lions' scenario. If he does end up back in the UFC, I can't see them doing him any favours matchmaking wise. 

• Paid Members

Yeah it was Rinat Fakhretdinov. Dropped him with pretty much the first meaningful punch he threw, then choked him unconscious all within a minute of the fight starting.

IMG_5906.jpeg.a0c3f1b7c5b941872fcddb4182d1ef13.jpeg

Wherever Lee’s smile is, I don’t think he’s gonna find it in the cage. 

• Paid Members

That's actually quite sad. I understand the desire to find purpose and happiness in one's life, but to risk destroying yourself out of desperation to do so can't be the way.

• Paid Members

I’d imagine he is. That was his first fight back under a new deal and they never sign fighters to 1 fight contracts. If he’s coming out of retirement he almost certainly contractually ‘owes them’ some fights. Guess the UFC could decide to cut him loose but they probably won’t. There’s Apex cards to fill! 

• 1 month later...