Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted November 28, 2023 Author Paid Members Posted November 28, 2023 Looks like MVP is definitely coming in. This was spotted in the background during a podcast. It’s the card for the UFC PPV in January and you can see his name on the board, matched up with Kevin Holland. Don’t know if that’s still the plan but he’s obviously signed if they’re sorting him a fight. MVP vs Holland is a weird one for me. It’s a matchup everyone’s gonna probably be jizzing over but I can just as easily see it shitting the bed. Feels like it’d either end spectacularly or it’ll be one of those fights where MVP just pisses about doing nothing and Holland spends more time talking shit than actually fighting. It’s one you’d have to watch though, just in case. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 10, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 10, 2024 Mark Hunt coming back by the sounds, not sure how I feel about this, you gotta know BKFC will come calling. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 10, 2024 Posted January 10, 2024 The king of walk offs in bkfc, someone's gonna get poleaxed, but yeah, stay retired imo Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 Mark O Madsen has hung em up. Solid little run, wonder what he could have been if he'd entered MMA a bit sooner. Seems a good egg too. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 31, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 Yeah, a bit too long in the tooth when he made the jump unfortunately. Didn’t help that he had that big spell of inactivity with the run of injuries and I think I remember him saying his wife was really sick as well around the same time. Shame really. I remember him looking like a bit of a potential star in his UFC debut but the show being in Denmark plus the fact they fed him a jobber obviously helped. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2024 The latest un-retirement: Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 1, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2024 He needs to stop. His last run was abortive, and showed that, if he's not shot, he's not far off. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 8, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 This thread started with Kevin Lee and within 5 pages he’s came back to the UFC, got steamrolled in seconds, retired and now he’s coming back? He’s gonna be this thread’s version of ‘how many times did Big Show turn heel/babyface’ before long. Oh, not content with losing fights, he’s gone and lost his smile now as well. Quote
Paid Members Bus Surfer Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 I love the gulf of difference between the names he's throwing out. The winner or the loser? I can't recall who it was he fought last, but I remember him getting absolutely steamrolled in a bit of a 'being fed to the lions' scenario. If he does end up back in the UFC, I can't see them doing him any favours matchmaking wise. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 8, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 Yeah it was Rinat Fakhretdinov. Dropped him with pretty much the first meaningful punch he threw, then choked him unconscious all within a minute of the fight starting. Wherever Lee’s smile is, I don’t think he’s gonna find it in the cage. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 8, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 8, 2024 That's actually quite sad. I understand the desire to find purpose and happiness in one's life, but to risk destroying yourself out of desperation to do so can't be the way. Quote
David Posted February 8, 2024 Posted February 8, 2024 Thing is, the dude is only 31 years old. He's probably too young to retire, but I think he needs to readjust his sights and his ambitions. He's not top level. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 9, 2024 Paid Members Posted February 9, 2024 Is Kevin Lee even under contract to the UFC now? Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted February 9, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted February 9, 2024 I’d imagine he is. That was his first fight back under a new deal and they never sign fighters to 1 fight contracts. If he’s coming out of retirement he almost certainly contractually ‘owes them’ some fights. Guess the UFC could decide to cut him loose but they probably won’t. There’s Apex cards to fill! Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 13, 2024 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2024 Tyson Pedro's retirement was only from MMA then, he's off to boxing: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.