Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted October 16, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted October 16, 2024 (edited) I’ve got less than zero interest seeing Cerrone fight again. He looked beyond washed up last time and that’s been over 2 years ago now. Actually seen people tweeting like they wanna see Cerrone vs Ferguson 2. Not just suggesting it in a ‘well it’s better than feeding them to a young killer’ way either. I could understand that logic. Some of the tweets I’ve seen, people are suggesting that fight as if they actually want to see it. Not just fans either, MMA media members… I don’t get the appeal of it at all. We saw the fight when they both still had something left. Why would anyone wanna see it now they’re both shot to bits? Edited October 16, 2024 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted November 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 12, 2024 Smart move this for the big man. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted November 12, 2024 Paid Members Posted November 12, 2024 Wow, didn't even know he'd been cut. That was quick. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted December 13, 2024 Author Paid Members Posted December 13, 2024 Ian Freeman’s daughter Kennedy (6-0, Cage Warriors champ) has signed with the UFC. No doubt she’ll be added to the London card in March. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 14, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 14, 2025 PFL are finally releasing Pitbull after months of him publicly airing his frustration and begging to be let go. He’ll almost certainly be UFC bound now. Quote
NeverYield Posted January 14, 2025 Posted January 14, 2025 I hope he gets a shot in the UFC, quite like Pitbull Quote
Dai Posted January 15, 2025 Posted January 15, 2025 Pitbull was a fantastic fighter, but hes getting on it age now, so cant see the UFC run coming to much. Ideally his next few fights would be against some decent names, but as they have shown with Aldo, they will probably chuck him against some random so reasons unknown. Holly Holm is gone too. No more main events that Wand has to write questioning why she was still headlining them. Did some digging, and this is her fight career after the Ronda fight: - 7 PPV fights, 6 of which were main or co main events. A PPV main event against De Randamie, which sounds like the worst main event in UFC history, and a co main against Pennington which thankfully I cant remember. - 6 Fight Nights, 5 of which she headlined. Considering the Ronda fight was ten years ago, and she did nothing of real note since that, its crazy how high up the card they kept placing her. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 15, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 (edited) 7 hours ago, Dai said: Pitbull was a fantastic fighter, but hes getting on it age now, so cant see the UFC run coming to much. Ideally his next few fights would be against some decent names, but as they have shown with Aldo, they will probably chuck him against some random so reasons unknown. Aldo vs Pitbull is clearly the way to go here. I think you’re right. It’s a bit too little, too late really. I could see him having a bit of a Michael Chandler type run though. I remember when Chandler signed I was saying the exact same thing about him making the jump a bit too late. And while results-wise it hasn’t been much of a success, he’s had some great fights and his stock has probably still somehow improved by coming to the UFC, despite the 2-4 UFC record. I reckon Pitbull in the UFC might play out similarly. Although they could also just give him the Aldo treatment and stick him in with middle of the pack guys no-one’s arsed about. But yeah, Aldo vs Pitbull is the way I’d go. Fuck it. 7 hours ago, Dai said: Holly Holm is gone too. No more main events that Wand has to write questioning why she was still headlining them. Edited January 15, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Hard to know where Pitbull stands now in terms of 145. Easy to forget that depsite losing 2 of his last 3 he's still the Bellator 145lb Champ, and those loses came up and down a division. I love the idea of him just coming and having him fight some proper hardcore fan dream fights with the likes of Aldo, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's brought in and thrust into some kind of no. 1 contender fight at Featherweight, he might even go straight in with Topuria. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 15, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Can’t see him getting Topuria. If it was another division with less of a logjam in the title mix then maybe but all signs are pointing towards it being Topuria vs Volk 2 next. Then you’ve got Diego Lopes right behind him. He’s rumoured to be fighting Yair Rodriguez in Mexico in March, if he wins that fight he’s surely next for the winner of Topuria vs Volk 2. I’d throw Movsar Evloev in the mix too but I get the feeling UFC management aren’t fans of him so I could well see them putting Pitbull ahead of him. But even just the Volk and Lopes fights, if they both happen that’s gonna take up most of Topuria’s 2025. I’m guessing Pitbull is gonna be signing with the UFC very soon and given his gripes about wanting to be more active, he’ll probably want a fight booking right away. But he’s at least third in line so he’s gonna have to fight someone else first. Wouldn’t be surprised if we got something like Pitbull vs Aljamain Sterling. Not a title shot but still a top guy and a name that could put him in line with an impressive showing. Kind of like when Chandler was thrown straight in with Dan Hooker in his debut. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted January 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Yeah, one then into the title mix depending on if he comes in and wins impressively. They may consider his age too though, he's gonna be close to 38 by the time he fights in the promotion. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 15, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 15, 2025 Yeah his age means he’s probably gonna be thrown straight in with a highly ranked opponent. Even then though, I don’t think that will be enough to put him ahead of Volk or Lopes in the title race. I wonder if Patchy Mix is gonna push for his release as well now. He was almost as vocal as Pitbull about how frustrated he was at not getting fights. I’d like to see him in the UFC and I think he’d be a great addition to 135. Can’t see PFL letting him go as easily though. At 31 he’s probably in his prime now unlike Pitbull so you’d think they’ll see more upside in keeping him. Hopefully they’ll get him a fight soon if they’re not gonna let him go elsewhere. Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted January 19, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted January 19, 2025 (edited) There’s no 311 spoilers in this. Interesting that he seems noncommittal on Pitbull but immediately says they’re definitely interested in Pico. Seen some people reading a lot into that and taking it to mean they don’t want Pitbull. Obviously Pico’s younger so they probably see more upside there. But I think it’s more likely just a case where they’ve probably already been having discussions with Pico and are probably on the same page and close to a deal. Whereas Pitbull’s literally only just getting out of his PFL deal and becoming free to negotiate. I’m guessing they’ll come to an agreement for both Pitbull and Pico. Although there is the chance that they low-ball Pitbull now they know he’s pretty much burnt his bridge with PFL. He doesn’t really have much leverage now because the UFC will know he doesn’t have a lot of options. Edited January 19, 2025 by wandshogun09 Quote
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted March 7, 2025 Author Paid Members Posted March 7, 2025 Playing catch up a bit with MMA news but just seen that Mason Jones has signed back with the UFC. Just about to turn 30 and he’s won four fights since leaving the UFC in 2022, three of them by TKO. Hopefully he has more success in this run. He had some good fights last time but ultimately went 1-2-0-1. Shame they never got his re-signing sorted in time for the London card, would’ve been the ideal card for him to make his return on. Then again, you never know these days. It’s unlikely with the card just a couple of weeks away but there’s always a chance these days that they just randomly announce 3 days out from the show that he’s fighting some DWCS newbie like they did with Austin Vanderford recently. Doubt it but wouldn’t completely rule it out. Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 8, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 8, 2025 Yeah, good to see Mason Jones back. Probably one of the harsher cuts of recent years when he was let go. The record wasn't stellar but he's always in good fights, and he was in with some tough opposition. Still, I love it when someone gets back on the horse and properly earns their way back and he did that. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.