Signings, exits, returns etc

wandshogun09

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Thought I’d whack a separate thread up for this rather than put it in random news or whatever.

Looking like Kevin Lee might be headed back to the UFC. 

25456260-7947-4E1C-8F03-B0DCE6122D8D.jpeg

Has Lee done anything of note since he left?

3 hours ago, WeeAl said:

He was on that Khabib show last year, where he had (if I remember it correctly) an instantly forgetable fight with Diego Sanchez. Crazy to think that its around 5-6 years since the Lee hype train was running at its maximum, when he subbed Chiesa in Round 1. Its been a real decline since then, and I dont think even the biggest of his fans will talk about him being a future champ any more. I know that Wand has never bought into his hype at any point! Hes only 30, but it already seems like his best days are behind him.

• Paid Members
On 2/5/2023 at 4:38 PM, WeeAl said:

No. 

On 2/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, Dai said:

I know that Wand has never bought into his hype at any point!

He wasn’t a bad fighter at all, I just never rated him as highly as many seemed to. Already since his UFC return has been confirmed I’ve seen some talk about his chances but the fact he couldn’t put the empty husk of Diego Sanchez away in their fight in Eagle FC doesn’t fill me with optimism. 

On 2/6/2023 at 7:25 AM, Egg Shen said:

quite surprised at that, I was expecting him to join to the PFL.

Same.

In other news, this isn’t a big one but it’s a bit of a disappointment to me. The UFC have apparently released Bantamweight fighter Saidyokub Kakhramonov.

His overall record is 10-3, his UFC record is 2-1 and they’ve sacked him off the back of one loss to a tough guy in Said Nurmagomedov. He’s just turned 27 so hardly on the downswing. I remember him looking fantastic in his previous fight, beating Ronnie Lawrence as well. He looked like he had some potential. Obviously Bantamweight is deep enough that it won’t suffer for it but this seems a bit harsh to me. I’d say there must be more to it but I don’t know anymore. 

• Paid Members

Sakara’s still going? Jesus. Haven’t heard that name in donkey’s years. I kind of liked him as a bit of a midcard slugger in his UFC days, to be fair. He must be getting on a bit now though.

Yep. 41 and hasn’t fought since 2019. Completely forgot he was in Bellator as well.

Edited by wandshogun09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Screenshot_20230301_091849_Twitter.thumb.jpg.3f92437b9b7cf8a4fcb15ab1cedbfa37.jpg

With Nick Peet being so close to Till you'd have to imagine it's legit. 

Till has looked knackered for a while so maybe he's thinking some extended time off is needed but all I can see is him hitting the beers and crashing another taxi in Ibiza. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members

Probably just wants to get out of the USADA testing pool for a bit so he can do colossal amounts of sniff and steroids then try a comeback. Otherwise known as the McGregor method. Even if he fully intends to step away, regroup and come back, I don’t think it’ll end up playing out that way. He’ll be in BKFC, jail or a crack den this time next year.

This remains the best thing Till has ever done or been a part of. 

0EFE6EEC-40F0-453E-9091-6CA6D7DEC3D4.jpeg

47506BF2-3198-4BDB-A3FC-9642DC1575F2.jpeg

098D21C6-AD58-49FE-921E-0DDC68B564C8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Probably just wants to get out of the USADA testing pool for a bit so he can do colossal amounts of sniff and steroids then try a comeback.

Not so much the sniff, but it wouldn't surprise me to see fighters who have sustained either a number of niggling injuries or a serious one do what Till claims to have done. I assume that when they're under UFC contract and in the testing pool they can be called upon any time to provide a sample? Even if they don't have a fight scheduled?

If that is the case, removing themselves from that scenario, getting on some of the more grey-area supplements to allow them to heal up faster and better then cycling off and re-entering the testing pool probably appeals.

And dare I say, makes sense if they're doing it sensibly and under medical supervision. As we all know, there's substances deemed illegal by USADA that are perfectly legal under law.

• Paid Members

True but I don’t see Till being the type to do anything “sensibly” or under supervision of any kind.

The USADA guys do turn up regardless of if you have a fight booked though, you’re right there. I’ve seen a few fighters moan about being woken up at stupid hours to do a test even though they never had a fight scheduled. I know they have to do it but it must be a right ballache for fighters to deal with that. Not just the tests themselves but you have to let USADA know everywhere you’re going just on the off chance they might wanna show up and test you. 

Edited by wandshogun09