AEW Rampage Thread 2023

Merzbow

• Paid Members

Fenix vs Kommander was absolutely tremendous. Fenix and Penta are so much more interesting as singles than tags.

Aussie Open on the other hand are one of the most shit tag teams I've ever seen. Kyle Fletcher in particular is extremely bad.

That was by Kommander's best match in AEW and I fully agree that Fenix and Penta are much more interesting as singles wrestlers.

Overall another enjoyable hour of wrestling. 

Shida/Blue Vs. Storm/Soho was a decent main event and I enjoyed the post match brawl to close the show. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Shida/Blue Vs. Storm/Soho was a decent main event and I enjoyed the post match brawl to close the show. 

I enjoyed this match a lot too, however when Saraya and Baker came out for the brawl their clumsy weak efforts it really highlighted how rubbish they are, especially in comparison to Shida and Storm who were convincingly smashing the shit out of eachother.

Imagine how the 4 way would actually be exciting if they had swapped Baker and Saraya out with good wrestlers: Shida vs Storm vs Willow vs Athena would be fantastic. Ah well. Instead we'll have Baker clumsy running through her rubbish spots and Saraya singing along to her own entrance music like a complete goon before botching everything she does.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I enjoyed this match a lot too, however when Saraya and Baker came out for the brawl their clumsy weak efforts it really highlighted how rubbish they are, especially in comparison to Shida and Storm who were convincingly smashing the shit out of eachother.

Imagine how the 4 way would actually be exciting if they had swapped Baker and Saraya out with good wrestlers: Shida vs Storm vs Willow vs Athena would be fantastic. Ah well. Instead we'll have Baker clumsy running through her rubbish spots and Saraya singing along to her own entrance music like a complete goon before botching everything she does.

I’m very concerned when I go to find a bathroom during this match that I’m going to have just say aloud ‘It’s nothing to do with women’s wrestling, I just think Saraya isn’t very good and I don’t take any enjoyment from watching her win a title she doesn’t deserve in front of a crowd she didn’t draw but will pretend she did anyway.’ 

I don't see Saraya winning. Perhaps being a bit too optimistic here in thinking with All In out of the way that the Saraya experiment will be backburnered even more. Toni Storm's already separating herself from the Outcasts with her appearances on Collision. She's the one that's done a lot of the heavylifting since Saraya's arrival.

Checking Saraya's cagematch, and she's only wrestled 8 times after being in the company close to a year. There's no chance they're putting the title on her.

I wouldn't be shocked if The Outcasts implode at All In.

I could see Saraya winning the title and then quickly dropping it when back in the US but that wouldn't be a good look after Shida only recently won the title. 

Saraya and Storm fall out to give Shida an opening, I reckon. 

I think Britt will probably move onto the TBS Title in an attempt to become the first wrestler to hold both the world and TBS championship.

Poor Rudy though, can't even win a match with Skye Blue on the opposing team and ate the pin.

What a fall.

• Paid Members

Fenix vs Kommander was brilliant! Even better when Justin Roberts got completely caught up in it at the finish and announced, “the winner of this INCREDIBLE battle….!” Awesome. Can’t wait to see Fenix in Stadium Stampede. I reckon he could come up with some mad weapon and environment-based spots.

Edited by Supremo