• Paid Members

When exciting things have happened on Dynamite, or any AEW show come to think of it, my YouTube algorithm knows. I'm not subscribed to their channel but the algorithm knows I like them and it will suggest things the morning after the show, usually 3 or 4 things. Today the only clip it recommended was Sting's retirement speech. Even YouTube can't work through that mess of storylines it seems. 

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They best be keeping Nick Wayne with Christian long term otherwise he’ll be a total afterthought very quickly.

He's been involved in some objectively brilliant angles (eg. the Swerve gym invasion) and has added to storylines - but in spite of that, I just don't see anything in him. His ring work isn't anything special - certainly not on this roster, anyway; he has a terrible look and his mic work isn't great either. He's such a bizarre case study, in that there are clearly people on that roster who deserve 'his spot' and would gain more from it in the long term than he likely will; but I'm not sure anyone else could occupy the role with the same storyline impact. 

The angle last night made me laugh out loud, it was so over-the-top - but it was still fun, I suppose. 

I think Christian needs another disciple with long term potential - someone who can benefit from turning on him, or breaking away from him. If the long term direction of this angle was Nick Wayne and Luchasaurus teaming up to face Edge and Christian...I mean, what a waste that would be. 

I really didn’t enjoy that show, besides Nick Wayne’s segment and the Kyle Fletcher match.

No, I’m not sure I ever expected to type that.

Just lots of stuff going on on the shoe this week that I didn’t care about or for;

MJF doesn’t seem to care enough about getting his belt back for my liking. The Adam Cole stuff might be the worst stuff the company has ever done. I didn’t enjoy White/Penta, the shit knot White tied with Penta’s mask and how long Penta took to take the glove off whilst White waited took me right out of it. Lance Archer turning up felt like they were scraping the barrel. Wardlow is rubbish and Schiavone sounded ridiculous saying “woah, that says MJF”. Edge came across like a mope. It makes me sad that Swerve is getting ready to give Page his win back so soon after losing to Danielson. The more things change, I guess.

Main eventing with a lower card battle royale and a telegraphed winner felt a really cheap way to end a show. I hate Tony’s kink for tournaments and battle royale’s with telegraphed winners padded with absolute dickheads.

Still, enjoyed Omega/Fletcher and the Nick Wayne segment was fun. JR was perfect in the Wayne segment, too.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I originally found the Roddy stuff funny because it reminded me of Alan Partridge but now it's the absolute dogshit worst American sitcom stuff.

One positive thing about the episode was that Emi v Shida was fucking great, that match needed another 10 minutes.

Edited by Merzbow

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

One positive thing about the episode was that Emi v Shida was fucking great, that match needed another 10 minutes.

It’s faint praise I suppose, but might that have been the best non-gimmicked women’s match ever to appear on Dynamite? I say that not meaning to criticise the performers at all, the fault lays entirely with the way that division is booked.

Regardless, I totally agree with you - it was a very enjoyable match. 

13 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

It’s faint praise I suppose, but might that have been the best non-gimmicked women’s match ever to appear on Dynamite? I say that not meaning to criticise the performers at all, the fault lays entirely with the way that division is booked.

Regardless, I totally agree with you - it was a very enjoyable match. 

There was a brilliant Emi vs Hayter match I'd put above it, I think it was on Rampage but it was genuinely one of the best matches of the year regardless of gender.

But yeah, booking has given me little reason to care for most women's matches so even those that are technically good rarely stick in my mind.

Jamie Hayter was pretty much the best wrestler in AEW if not North America for the year up to her injury.  She had excellent matches with everyone and the division fell on its arse once she was out.

Edited by Loki

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

There was a brilliant Emi vs Hayter match I'd put above it, I think it was on Rampage but it was genuinely one of the best matches of the year regardless of gender.

Rampage has hosted some of the stronger women’s matches, but I’m struggling to think of anything that tops Shida/Sakura on Dynamite that didn’t have a gimmick attached to it. I’m probably forgetting something, though.

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Dynamite's in Louisville, Kentucky on November 1st. In a 20,000+ basketball arena, and as everyone knows by now ticket sales in general aren't the greatest.

This is just sad. Turning up in OVW, promoting buy one get one free. I can only assume Paul's hiding his embarassment keeping his back to the hard cam.

I had to do this kind of thing for Stevie Knight when ticket sales for an FWA tour he was promoting bombed. Difference is, Stevie wasn't the son of a billionaire and I was ringing people who had attended the previous show at the venue, putting on my best phone voice and making a big deal that 'Stars of ITVs Celebrity Wrestling programme, D-Lo Brown and Joe Legend will be on the show!'. 

Not quite the same.