• Paid Members

Santana seems to be back as a singles. He got his own entrance, has new music (with him rapping on), the announcers called him Mike Santana (as opposed to just Santana) and his "Born Nasty" slogan was on his entrance video and him and Ortiz didn't interact at all. On his Twitter account he's also posted a lot of stuff about him returning and literally nothing about Ortiz.

I'm fine with it. I think Santana has a load of potential as a singles and Collision needs some more stars. Can't really think of any Santana/Ortiz tag matches that I'd like to see.

I like Ortiz too but his ceiling is a fair bit lower. If ROH is still a thing they actually care about with a freshen up of his gimmick and a decent push Ortiz could do well there.

Edited by LaGoosh

Having seen his excellent match with Punk at All In, I'm even more convinced that they're simply underutilising Samoa Joe at this point.

He gets tremendous crowd reactions, seems in as good a shape as he has been for years, and is obviously enjoying himself.  And yet he's either lying down for Punk or defending a minor ROH title on (I presume) some ROH TV show that nobody watches.

I think he genuinely belongs in a more prominent role, a world champion (actual belt) challenger or even champion.  There's a lot of cool singles matches Joe could have with the Dynamite roster - Joe and Omega, Joe and Moxley to name but two.

I get the impression that Joe is a pretty accommodating guy and doesn't really play politics (he was happy to commentate for a year or two for WWE even though he wanted to wrestle) and maybe this is where he's happy, but if the ARE going to need a replacement for Punk as face of Saturday night, for example, they could do worse than Joe.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Joe vs Kingston would be an incredible feud that could easily carry a couple of months of TV.

My God. I can’t believe I’ve never considered that before. That would rule! Have they ever wrestled or cut promos together before? I need this in my life.

Assuming MJF and Adam Cole are staying together at least for the short term, can we all please just take a moment to acknowledge what has been achieved here. Talk about rising tides lifting all boats. MJF and this storyline not only turned Adam Cole into a record-breaking main eventer, but it’s got me on the hook for a three-on-three feud involving The Kingdom.

Even if it’s only for one night, I’m bang up for Roddy, Bennet and Taven having the numbers advantage against Cole and MJF, only for Wardlow to make the save and even the odds. Ideally with the ponytail returning.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Couldn't agree more. Joe is the best, cooler than cool, can do everything and feud with everyone and it feels like a big deal. Joe vs Kingston would be an incredible feud that could easily carry a couple of months of TV.

Joe & Kingston v Big Bill & Brian Cage seems like a match that we'd all get invested in.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

My God. I can’t believe I’ve never considered that before. That would rule! Have they ever wrestled or cut promos together before? I need this in my life.

They were opposite sides of the ROH vs. CZW Cage of Death.

Cagematch only has two singles matches for them, both in 2007, and nothing between them at all since a three-way with Josh Alexander in 2015.

13 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Couldn't agree more. Joe is the best, cooler than cool, can do everything and feud with everyone and it feels like a big deal. Joe vs Kingston would be an incredible feud that could easily carry a couple of months of TV.

This is why it annoys me when people think Collision is dead without Punk. If you look at the roster, there are loads of people who (due to lack of tv) arnt exposed or utilised enough.

The amount of top line matches we've not even seen yet are incredibly numerous. 

Not sure why but I want to see Jay White vs Samoa Joe with Joe as babyface.

Edit: Fuck it. Make it the Samoa Joe show. Then when your ready send him to dynamite to challenge whomever the champ is.

Edited by andrew "the ref" coyne

• Paid Members

Absolutely no idea what to expect tonight. I'm assuming it'll be another very chaotic "Oh shit, let's run as many angles as possible to book matches for the PPV" type show we got just before All In. All that's currently advertised is OC vs Penta and "Adam Cole speaks". Part of me wishes they could have taken a few weeks off after All In, just to give everything a bit of a breather. Feel like this is going to be a bit of an exhausting week, especially with what'll probably be insufferable Chicago fans.

Just now, LaGoosh said:

Absolutely no idea what to expect tonight. I'm assuming it'll be another very chaotic "Oh shit, let's run as many angles as possible to book matches for the PPV" type show we got just before All In. All that's currently advertised is OC vs Penta and "Adam Cole speaks". Part of me wishes they could have taken a few weeks off after All In, just to give everything a bit of a breather. Feel like this is going to be a bit of an exhausting week, especially with what'll probably be insufferable Chicago fans.

Tony Khan has given anyone who wants it tonight or next Wednesday off to attend scheduled Windham Rotunda memorials, so could be a bit of a strange looking show tonight too.

Must have gotten a nasty sprain when those monitors fell on TK. Back on crutches: Number One contendership Battle Royales and Tournaments!

Anyone that felt jealous about All Out because it was getting a couple of singles matches, surely can't feel that way anymore? The CM Punk v. Starks match would not have saved that show.

Hearing all the usual excuses about the booking of the Women's division. Then Samoa Joe v. Shane Taylor gets dropped on PPV 🤣🤣🤣

• Paid Members

Everyone came across as very exhausted on that episode. Understandably! Perfectly fine show though, and after just holding the biggest and best wrestling shows ever I'm perfectly ok with All Out being a B-level PPV. I quite like a good B-level PPV (Fully Loaded 2000 is a classic B-level PPV). I'd be happy with a card full of decent matches and low drama. And I'd be more than perfectly ok with it being headlined by the two of the very best wrestlers on the planet Jon Moxley and Orange Cassidy. These two are the absolute foundation of AEW and as long as they are there AEW will always be in safe hands. Two of the best characters and big match wrestlers going, it's going to be tremendous.

Samoa Joe vs Shane Taylor on PPV is a strange one though I have to admit. 

• Paid Members

The thing about Orange Cassidy is that he’s the best wrestler in the world. This show was the perfect example.

They may as well switch the International Title on Sunday because Orange Cassidy should be fighting for the World Title already.

I’m amazed they’re taking the same approach with All Out next year, this just isn’t going to feel like a typical AEW PPV. I’m a bit disappointed that we’re seeing ROH belts featured prominently on AEW TV again, I just wish that Khan would put that company out of its misery. 

On the other hand, Roddy Strong remains an absolute blast. I’m not sure I’ve seen a wrestler successfully (and intentionally) pull off such a believably pathetic character as he is currently doing. He’s just wonderful. 

Cassidy/Moxley should be a lot of fun, and I hope they close the PPV.

• Paid Members

Even though it's a B-PPV I'm actually more excited about some of the matches on this card than I was All In. Lucha vs Darby, Orange vs Mox and Omega vs Takeshita are all totally in my Q Zone.