Chris B

51 minutes ago, JimmyAnderson said:

Of course they will. You can't have All Elite Wrestling without The Elite.

Or you can’t fire employees who are physically attacked in the workplace by a contractor 

12 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

I sincerely doubt it’ll be a release. They’ll more than likely have to buy his contract out.

If Tony K was a real man he’d send for Big Kev. He fucking destroyed Punk years ago and he would again.

This is the idea I like best.

Offer a mutual termination with a nominal golden handshake. If he refuses then job him out in 10 seconds to people over 60 until he walks away.

https://www.sescoops.com/news/bobby-fish-trashes-cm-punk-open-to-wwe-return/

Bobby Fish has been ranting and raving again, this time with a really odd understanding of the profession he got into:

“Phil is not a bad pro-wrestling, but what Phil is not is a martial artist,” said Fish. “I’ve been doing martial arts since I was eight years old so I take a lot of pride in it… You are insulting the audience’s intelligence. It’s honestly insulting for you as one of my co-workers. As a martial artist you’re asking me to go out and sell, put over your bunk-ass martial arts. It’s insulting to the audience. It’s insulting to me.”

Honestly, it's comforting that the extreme prejudice I had to seeing him on Dynamite has been vindicated. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Louch said:

Or you can’t fire employees who are physically attacked in the workplace by a contractor 

Depends on if they are viewed, or Punk reasonably could have viewed, their actions in coming in to his locker room as threatening (not taking sides or saying Punk did think that) as it would be self defence. In theory.

1 hour ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Depends on if they are viewed, or Punk reasonably could have viewed, their actions in coming in to his locker room as threatening (not taking sides or saying Punk did think that) as it would be self defence. In theory.

They came in with head of legal and head of talent relations by all accounts and he started swinging. There’s no reasonable cause for throwing punches and chairs from anything that’s come out so far. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Louch said:

They came in with head of legal and head of talent relations by all accounts and he started swinging. There’s no reasonable cause for throwing punches and chairs from anything that’s come out so far. 

Let's be generous as to Punks POV. He was sat in his locker room, tired and in pain. The door is closed and locked.

Then The Elite, 3 people he just insulted in a press conference, shoulder open the door while being accompanied by multiple people. 

It would take very little in the way of raised voices for that to seem aggressive, and I have zero doubt that there were raised voices. Punk, outnumbered by people getting aggressive strikes first because it feels the best way to not be beaten down by a group getting aggressive with him. 

IF that's how it went down to Punks POV, you can see the self defence argument yeah?

Also, to be very fucking clear, I'm not in any way saying this is what went down, nor even if it is that it was the right response. Just that perception can shade a scenario, and anyone making a judgement call has to take that into account as far as making an official judgement.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Were you Steven Gerrards lawyer for when the DJ wouldn’t play Phil Collins?

I was the DJ, and he actually asked for Fozzy. 

Edit: and again, I'm just saying that Punk being sacked isn't a given and that circumstances could be seen through a lens. NOT that he is innocent.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack