Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

Love to see the right and wrong Reds doing stuff like this. The sport needs more collaboration like this - and so do the two cities.

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool-and-manchester-united-fans-set-aside-rivalry-to-demand-action-on-club-ownership-12794512

19 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Love to see the right and wrong Reds doing stuff like this. The sport needs more collaboration like this

Indeed, and I’m sure the two sets of blues who seem more bothered about their rivals than they do their own club will unite in finding something wrong with it!

20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

and so do the two cities.

Well, I’m not sure Liverpudlians will welcome cockneys with open arms just yet!! But seriously this is wonderful and I sincerely hope it’s the first step in getting rid of leeches in football ownership. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Love to see the right and wrong Reds doing stuff like this. The sport needs more collaboration like this - and so do the two cities.

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool-and-manchester-united-fans-set-aside-rivalry-to-demand-action-on-club-ownership-12794512

Considering that the current test for who can buy a football club amounts to; Do you have the money, and can 1 of you get a DBS anything would be an improvement. 

Man U fans and Liverpool fans agreeing on something is another sign of the impending apocalypse though. 

It’s almost as if normal people can like and love a thing without being massive cunts! Next thing we know AEW fans and WWE fans will unite to admit that sexual harassment in the work place is a bit off.

Edited by Mr_Danger

8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s almost as if normal people can like and love a thing without being massive cunts! Next thing we know AEW fans and WWE will unite to admit that sexual harassment in the work place is a bit off.

Only when they stop liking the product. 

• Paid Members

Really hope they can make a difference. Sadly, I fear they are outnumbered by swathes of fans across the globe that would be delighted if awful people buy their clubs if they thought it meant they will spend freely like FIFA career mode.

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Really hope they can make a difference. Sadly, I fear they are outnumbered by swathes of fans across the globe that would be delighted if awful people buy their clubs if they thought it meant they will spend freely like FIFA career mode.

Absolutely! Blood money is dreadful!

*Googles "Did Daniel Levy actually meet with the Qataris recently and is that good for Spurs?"* 

As an old man with no kids, I have no idea how the younger generation see money clubs, or football in general. Is it a case of they couldn’t care as they have always known football as a rich clubs get success? Do they know the playing field is as unlevel as it’s ever been? Is it business first sport second?

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

As an old man with no kids, I have no idea how the younger generation see money clubs, or football in general. Is it a case of they couldn’t care as they have always known football as a rich clubs get success? Do they know the playing field is as unlevel as it’s ever been? Is it business first sport second?

My 9yo doesn't understand massively, but I'd wager a guess that slightly older kids will know more. She does know City have the most though and says thats unfair on everyone else. Her sister, 13 and largely apathetic about sport (and anything not to do with Arctic Monkeys) told me the other week when we were watching the World Cup and we were discussing PSG, Qatar, rights, Saudi ownership etc and I was explaining how much money is involved that they should "just get rid of all the money and give it to the women" which is a nice sentiment. (And then the whole bus cheered) 

9yo also doesn't understand that if Spurs have the best stadium, and the best training facilities, and a couple of the best players in the world, and make loads of money, why they don't ever win anything.

She'll be scratching ENIC OUT into the desks at school any day now.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

No doubt there's large swathes of Newcastle and Man City fans all chortling away, claiming they're only piping up because they're not "in the money" at the moment. 

Liverpool and United will have plenty of Middle Eastern money running through the clubs by the end of the year. It’s Sports Washing vs Hedge Fund Leveraged Buy Out Wankers. The whole thing wants ripping up and reformed but we all know that’s not going to happen.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Liverpool and United will have plenty of Middle Eastern money running through the clubs by the end of the year. It’s Sports Washing vs Hedge Fund Leveraged Buy Out Wankers. The whole thing wants ripping up and reformed but we all know that’s not going to happen.

My question is, will those same Liverpool and United fans kicking up a stink at the moment be saying the same thing if Saudi money comes knocking on their door? Interesting times.

It all kind of makes me glad that in following my team I still need to give the rusty turnstile a right good shove, have the option of a pie or bovril at half time, and watch players who aren't millionaires. The English game is sadly becoming a right shitshow.