Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I can understand Ronaldo's frustration. He's one of the greatest players of all time who's spent well over a decade being the focal point and best player in his teams. He's finding it hard to handle that he's not that at ten Hag's United, even though he could still play a role in certain games and situations.

But also, he's a stupid cunt who handled it like a child and ten Hag's response has been fantastic. Not just to this, but the way he's used him this season. Took ten Hag a couple of games to figure out this mob, that's all. He's not going to take any shit from anyone and have his reputation ruined like Rangnick let his be.

They're paying Ronaldo for the man he is now, not for the player who's the greatest of all time. If he only wants to play on terms that suit him, and they can't get a buyer at the level he thinks he is and wages preclude a free transfer, then Mutual Consent him and make that bolsheht his problem.

• Paid Members

Difficult one for Wrexham as a club - I'd have re-worded the statement slightly (no need for the 'politically neutral' line) but it's not the worst course of action they could have taken. Those club statements - usually accompanied by a shot of a corner flag* are just pure, over-professionalised fluff and a box ticker. They haven't fined him or banned him - and they've probably done him a favour if anything - he hopefully avoids an FA ban/fine and it inadvertently makes him even more of a legend on the terraces. Any negative PR towards the club will be forgotten about by the next news cycle or the next game. 

*Fun fact - when there's been something serious in the snooker, WST tweet a picture of a corner pocket to go with the statement. Always tickles me. 

8 hours ago, The Curious Orange said:

He'd have got a ban or fine from the FA for wearing them in a game though?

Do Wrexham want to build some stuff? I reckon that's why they've gone a all OTT in that statement and don't want anyone on the council kicking off.

Yeah, we’re after funding  from levelling up for a new stand.

• Paid Members

So, Antony has a favoured spin skill he likes to use. Last night he did a DOUBLE SPIN, and if you listen to some pundits you'd think he'd just fucked their wife and spat in their face afterwards. Robbie Savage labelled him 'embarrassing' (a word he must be incredibly familiar with) and the perennial unhappy Paul Scholes was unhappy with it. 

Was the skill necessary? Absolutely not. Did it help his team's cause? Nope. Was it good to see? You bet your arse it was. 

More please, Antony. 

It’s a win win for me. You absolutely want to see £90m Brazilian forwards do that sort of thing but even more so you want to see Man United players making that pass afterwards. I just wish Roy Keane was in to give us his levelled feed back on it.

There is nothing new under the sun that can be written or said about Italia 90 (reminder to read Pete Davies All Played Out/One Night In Turin if you haven't) but the new Channel 4 doc was decent and worth a watch.

The nostalgia still burns bright. Schifo, Hagi and Matthaus 4eva.