Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

• Paid Members

It couldn't possibly get worse for Everton, could it? Well...

They agreed a deal to sign Arnaut Danjuma, he even passed a medical on Saturday apparently. Spurs have swooped in and hijacked the deal and are about to sign him. 

Anthony Gordon and Amadou Onana failed to turn up to training today, with the former pushing for a move to Newcastle and the latter linked with Arsenal and Chelsea (who in fairness could do with signing a few players).

And to round off the day:

Time to stick One Night In Turin in the VHS, Branquey.

On 1/23/2023 at 7:19 PM, TheBurningRed said:

Sean Dyche is the man for the job. I think he could turn things around for Everton. Maybe not this season. A relegation might do them some good and he can rebuild and bring them back up stronger than they’ve been the past two seasons. 

Obviously football doesn’t really exist outside of the premier league but aren’t the FFP rules a lot stricter in the championship and they actually punish teams who have things like a 95% wage to turnover ratio. I think they’ll be fucked. Unfortunately Big Fat Sam is going to save the day.

Great news! The Count Of Monte Bisto is back where he belongs. Come on, everyone, this is like when Bae Vicky C starts a singalong on Only Connect. 

“Take me down to the Allardyce City where the grass is green and the footballs pretty”

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

TIL Danjuma is his surname. I thought that was his whole name. Dan Juma, ffs.

In a similarly opposite scenario, 10+ years ago when Watford were Italian owned, in the Championship and with a squad full of unknown Italian players. I thought their striker that was scoring most weeks was called Troidini.