Your underwhelming "dream matches"?

air_raid

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

Probably Kamala vs Umaga! I'm sure Umaga would hold up his end Kamala was never Randy Savage. Though I'd love those two for the characters alone (out savaging each other!) I can just imagine Kamala bug eyed as Umaga does a table run splash spot! 

This actually happened on Raw in 2006, see link below:

Umaga vs Kamala

I'd quite like to have seen Regal vs. Boogeyman. I mean, I think it'd be amazing just for Regal's physical comedy but I think it'd probably review badly with a lot of other people. 

Back in the FWA days, I wanted to see Regal vs. Doug Williams but looking back now I'm less convinced by the prospect. 

This one is slightly cheating but JBL vs. L.A. Park in Mexico would have been a wild brawl up until the inevitable underwhelming finish. 

23 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Back in the mid-2000s, probably around the time he faced Danielson, I was desperate to see Samoa Joe vs. Kamala. It likely would have been rubbish, but it would have been Samoa Joe vs. Kamala!

Other than, I'd dearly love another Gimmick Battle Royal. I know they did one on Raw some time after the original, but even then it's been ages. Bring it back!

Kamala did challenge Bryan Danielson for the RoH title in 2006 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I was thinking Necro Butcher vs Kobashi during that time when Joe had bangers with both but there's no chance that'd actually be underwhelming, is there?

The message boards were clamouring for this match at the time as Necro was hitting it out of the park with Joe, Low Ki and Super Dragon, and I do faintly remember some promoter trying to book this and it falling through. I don't think it was a ROH or PWG, but more in the IWA-MS/JAPW side of indie wrestling. I'm sure someone will correct me.

Talking of PWG, Super Dragon did an interview years ago where he mentioned booking Bryan Danielson vs Kurt Angle in 2006 when Kurt was freshly released, but Kurt quickly got snapped up by TNA and that was the end of that;

I really wanted to do Kurt Angle vs Danielson when Angle got released. I had him booked and everything. Then TNA cancelled it, and said he is not taking indy bookings in the end. Was looking into running a bigger venue for that one as well. - Super "Fucking" Dragon

Samoa Joe vs Kurt Angle was great, but peak batshit crazy Kurt Angle vs peak ROH hard nasty bastard Bryan Danielson would've been ten times better.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Vamp said:

I'd quite like to have seen Regal vs. Boogeyman. I mean, I think it'd be amazing just for Regal's physical comedy but I think it'd probably review badly with a lot of other people. 

Here you go:

I assumed they must have worked on TV at least once as on the podcast Regal talked about them working house shows together and Boogey busting his mouth up pretty badly cos Regal told him to just hit him rather than have his worked stuff look like shit.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Really missing the point of the thread there.

Oh yeah I know, I just thought it was an interesting tidbit.

I mean, this forum was rife with the "brian danielson iz jst a vanilla midget wiv no charisma" cretins round about the time in 2006, so Angle vs Danielson would've been an underwhelming dream match to them...

football save GIF by theFC