AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

17 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Ha! Say what you like about Jericho, but he knows the tide is shifting and has picked up on his lessening crowd reactions and is already adapting to it and preparing his heel turn before the crowds turn on him. In a months time he's going to be all in on this Influencer gimmick. He's a twat but his mind for wrestling is pretty incredible. 

Might have misread the tone of it. I can't wait to see how Jericho gets his new stuff over. He's definitely dropped that GFY thing hasn't he. Jericho the Influencer will be loads of fun, he'll find a way. It's like seeing a magician with new trick. 

It’s a minor point, as the segment was still great, but it was the first time I think I’ve ever seen CM Punk have a proper brain fart on the mic.

He lost his train of thought at what point and then everything that came after made no sense. It sounded like he was calling out Wardlow for a rematch.

• Paid Members

He was. He was saying that it was only because Wardlow got the ring to MJF that he lost, and that it was Wardlow who beat him as opposed to MJF, so his rematch should be against Wardlow. It was designed to try and piss MJF off and sow further dissention in the Pinnacle. 

12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

He was. He was saying that it was only because Wardlow got the ring to MJF that he lost, and that it was Wardlow who beat him as opposed to MJF, so his rematch should be against Wardlow. It was designed to try and piss MJF off and sow further dissention in the Pinnacle. 

Maybe me having a brain fart, then. It really threw me.

• Paid Members

Do you think Brandi and Cody watched this show, a huge step up in every sense, and legitimately thought it could have been improved if they were on it?

Most importantly, do we know for certain whether Marko Stunt's contract has expired yet? If not, I can't think of a better way to write him off the show than by having Keith Lee throw him to the moon, never to be seen again.

I really enjoyed the show. Even though the big surprise just turned out to be Keith Lee (and I don't have any strong feelings either way about Jay White), Lee looked great (and credit to Private Party for helping him look great - it's been nice to see them in action more reguarly than they had previously been since joining HFO).

The impromptu tag match was great, the main event was great. I skipped most of the women's stuff.

I am not at all hyped for this Cole/Page feud but maybe they'll draw me in. The Revolution card is looking potentially pretty damn good, according to Meltzer:

Spoiler

According to the Wrestling Observer, matches we could have at Revolution would be :

• Jon Moxley vs Bryan Danielson

• CM Punk vs MJF 2

• Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa for the AEW Women’s World Championship

• Chris Jericho vs Eddie Kingston

• Ladder Match to determine the #1 contender for the TNT Championship

• Hangman Page vs Adam Cole for the AEW World Championship

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Do you think Brandi and Cody watched this show, a huge step up in every sense, and legitimately thought it could have been improved if they were on it?

What weird thing to think about after a great show. 

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Most importantly, do we know for certain whether Marko Stunt's contract has expired yet? If not, I can't think of a better way to write him off the show than by having Keith Lee throw him to the moon, never to be seen again.

It would have been great to have had him pounced into the stratosphere with some comedy poorly edited video package. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What weird thing to think about after a great show. 

Essentially, I’m saying their lack of involvement made for a huge improvement and it’d be good if they read the room and adjusted the same way Jericho has.