AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

No chance you do he’s fucked his foot again and got destroyed to being fit enough to be the ppv challenger In 11 days. Wasn’t Jericho the other week the first time a former champion has challenged again for their title after losing it?

I really don't like the idea of Mox v. Punk II

Doesn't matter if its Career on the line, Lights Out or some other gimmick to cover the supposed injury and make it a fairer fight.

Why? Hangman

Now I know he's taking his new manager's licence really seriously. However, he's the ranked no.1 contender and was called out last week. If anyone should be demanding a title shot it's him. Not clubfoot Punk.

4 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

I really don't like the idea of Mox v. Punk II

Doesn't matter if its Career on the line, Lights Out or some other gimmick to cover the supposed injury and make it a fairer fight.

Why? Hangman

Now I know he's taking his new manager's licence really seriously. However, he's the ranked no.1 contender and was called out last week. If anyone should be demanding a title shot it's him. Not clubfoot Punk.

There's no heat for a Mox/Hangman match though is there?

You could've just about gotten away with it with Punk..

• Paid Members

It feels like now that the quota seems filled with new titles, the interim title is the new crutch. I get you can't avoid Punk getting injured, but it makes you wonder if Rosa has been sent away for abit purely as it allows another interim title to be announced, now that the Men's interim has been done with.

I'm over tournaments, new titles and interim titles. Just get back to telling good, interesting storylines that don't need the same old bollocks to get to the payoff. Its what AEW was built on.

Saw that Moxley did a shooty bollocks promo as well after the show about WWE. Might be time to stop with the jabs and get their own 'sloppy shop' in order now. 

11 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's no heat for a Mox/Hangman match though is there?

You could've just about gotten away with it with Punk..

Nope, but i'd rather see the match we were denied when Mox went to rehab last year. Rather than CM Punk some how justifying a title shot after what just happened.

6 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Saw that Moxley did a shooty bollocks promo as well after the show about WWE. Might be time to stop with the jabs and get their own 'sloppy shop' in order now. 

Only just noticed this online. Not sure how accurate it is wording wise but jeez, if he wants to be encouraging people to tune in his timing isn't great.

40 minutes ago, Louch said:

No chance you do he’s fucked his foot again and got destroyed to being fit enough to be the ppv challenger In 11 days. Wasn’t Jericho the other week the first time a former champion has challenged again for their title after losing it?

Mox v Omega in their Exploding Barbed Wire match was only a couple of months after the title change.

It's all set up for Daniel Garcia to win the title at All Out.

Danielson wants Garcia in the BCC but Moxley says he'll only team with Garcia once he's bled with him so he offers him a World Title Match. Jericho comes out claiming that Garcia isn't ready or worthy of a title shot yet but more out of fear that his protege may do something he couldn't - beat Mox for the World Title. Garcia eventually clobbers Jericho, leaving the JAS then beats Mox for the Title but refuses entry into the BCC because he's just beaten their best, so he's already too good for them.

And then the following Dynamite, he walks into his hometown of Buffalo as the World champion.

All this while CM Punk joins Dark Order as their new leader after reconciling with Colt Cabana on Chicago's Rampage. 

AEW has proved in the past that they can do long term storytelling very well, but at the moment everything feels so disorganised. I stand by my comments that Khan should look at replacing himself as lead booker. AEW has the odd brilliant episode (like last week), but recently there have been far too many episodes that leave you feeling utterly deflated. The show continues to feel a bit disjointed too, as if no one looks at the entirety of an episode for potential repetition or conflicts. 

I'd also like to see more show-long story arcs. They could have done that here, building towards a shocking show-closing moment of CM Punk losing quickly to Moxley. I do think changing the positioning of this would have improved the general perception of this episode. 

Also, where the fuck is Samoa Joe?

Honestly I don't care about shooty bollocks post show, it's shooty bollocks during the show that can fuck off. 

The woman's division is pretty fucking dismal outside of Jade and I'm actually worried what will become of her once she finally loses.

They have some good talent but it's pretty clear imo that TS doesn't care much about women's wrestling outside of a few favourites of his. 

I think I hated it. I switched the show off as Christian was getting interviewed. I just do not see how we get to the PPV in just over a week, to a fucking rematch, that is going to be a satisfying story. I was *already* invested in Punk vs Mox at the PPV to unify the belts. The fuck is with the detour (if Meltzer is right)? Because Mox suggested it? Hey, maybe not *every* idea Mox has is great? Fuck, man. If I hadn't already booked the Monday off, I doubt I'd be paying for All Out. Which would be the first AEW PPV in a long time that I didn't pay for.

Also: why are the MCMG on the PPV? I have nothing against them as a team but it's weird to me that they are rushing to put together The Accalimed vs Swerve in Our Glory so the tag champs have something to do when FTR are *right there*.