AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Paige being a fucking idiot is no new thing. I still cringe at the time she did Austins show on the Network and told the story of her brothers nearly killing somebody with pool cues like it was some cheery anecdote. 

In wrestling circles that is a cheery anecdote 

Jon Moxley v. Juice Robinson

Chris Jericho v. Bandido

Toni Storm v. Serena Deeb

MJF and Saraya appearances.

There's a hurricane in Florida which could mean some talent are missing. Which might explain the sparse card announcements in advance for Dynamite & Rampage.

Toni Storm only debuted 6 months ago. I think she might be Top 5 number of matches on Dynamite in the Women's division at this point.

____

So close she'll be there by the end of the year at this rate.

1. Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D 40
  2. Hikaru Shida 36
  3. Nyla Rose 27
  4. Thunder Rosa 22
  5. Serena Deeb 18
  6. Kris Statlander 18
  7. Penelope Ford 16
  8. Toni Storm 13
  9. Jamie Hayter 13
  10. Jade Cargill 12
  11. Tay Melo 12
  12. Red Velvet 11
  13. The Bunny 11
  14. Big Swole 10
  15. Leyla Hirsch 10
  16. Riho 10
Edited by Infinity Land

15 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I don't get the point of having a rankings system if someone can just debut in a title eliminator with minimal fanfare/backstory? Juice vs Moxley should be pretty good, but I could do with a bit more of a logical explanation. 

The Rankings are only occasionally talked about on TV. Certainly can't recall them ever being displayed. The small internet presence they have comes from a tweet released on the day and tucked away away, barely updated on the official website (August 31st last ones there). They've had an even smaller profile of late. Whatever coverage they get is easily dwarfed by the Road to... packages that they spread around their social media channels.

The lack of TV time to get people excited about some of these matches is what's annoying, not so much the rankings. You're lucky to get a graphic up and Excalibur saying it's happening next week during his rundown.

As for 'Eliminator' matches all they are is a different branded version of the 'Non-Title' match where if you beat the champion you get a proper title shot.