Fight Announcement Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah I don't get where his head is at either. If it's still in the game, properly, and he's healthy enough to train and fight, he should be looking at a LHW division without DC and Jon Jones and thinking "Glover Teixeira? Look what I did to him. I'm going to grab me a belt". Instead there's these flip flopping, inconsistent actions going on that tell me he only has one toe in the water and it's not going to end well. A Gusty with his head in the game could still be right up there at 205 at the moment. 

The Ronda fight was over six years ago, and shes somehow still dining out on that all these years later. Ive gone down a Holm Wikipedia rabbit hole and come up with some facts of her post-Ronda career:

- Shes 4-5 since that fight.

- Shes headlined 3 Fight Nights, and all other fights have been on PPV

- The only people shes beaten since are Wand's favourate Correia, Megan Anderson, Raquel Pennington and Irene Aldana

- She headlined a PPV against Germaine de Randamie, which sounds like the worst PPV main event of all time.

Crazy that its all off the back of the Ronda headkick. Must be some very strange data the UFC have which must keep justfying putting her onto PPVs and headlining shows. I doubt theres many fighters, male or female, who have been on UFC PPVs for 7 of their last 10 fights, with the amount of Fight Nights they produce now.

• Paid Members

Yeah I’ve got nothing against the woman but it is weird how she never seems to drop out of the Fight Night headliner/PPV main carder spot. Michelle Waterson’s similar. Maybe it’s something Greg Jackson negotiates into his fighters contracts or something 🤣

56 minutes ago, Dai said:

- The only people shes beaten since are Wand's favourate Correia, Megan Anderson, Raquel Pennington and Irene Aldana

Many had her losing the Pennington fight as well.

The oddest one for me was a couple of years ago when the UFC originally booked Glover Teixeira vs Thiago Santos  and Holm vs Aldana was going to headline over that! Glover vs Santos ended up getting postponed due to injury or COVID and moved to a later card but for the brief time when both fights were scheduled for the same card, the Holm fight was positioned as the main event. Right head scratcher. 

• Paid Members

Interesting - Kamaru Usman's brother is on there. Had to do a double take when I saw Mitchell Sipe - was thinking "What the fuck is R.E.M.'s lead singer doing on there"? Bobby Maximus seems impressive in name only.

• Paid Members

😅 What's the average age of that lot? About 41? I like the match making here though. At least one of them will get a W. 

Fair fucks to big Kongo too. Man knows how to play the game and still get paid well in your mid 40's.