Joshua vs Usyk - Sep 25 πŸ₯Š πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Usyk looked great. What a performance that was. I had it 7-5 for him, but that was being conservative I think. I didn't expect him to win a decision if it was as close as that, but I'd have no complaints if anyone gave Usyk as many as 9 rounds.

I hope it leads to him getting the winner of Wilder/Fury but I doubt it, by the sound of the re-match clause talk.Β 

• Paid Members

116-112 for me. I had it even after 8 rounds, but Usyk took over in the last 4, and put a serious beating on AJ towards the end.

I just didnt quite get what AJ was attempting to do. He did what i feared be wouldnt and tried to have a high speed chess match with Usyk. He was holding his own for a while but in the end he tired and Usyk kept the same pace. AJ's power and natural size advantage didnt come into play.

2 hours ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Whos the guy with Bellow on DAZN?

Β 

Looks familiar but name has escaped me and its bugging me like mad!

Β 

47 minutes ago, boyfriend said:

Balls

I thought he might be at the Labour conference. Todd fucking Grisham was the commentator on my stream, that threw me! Β AJ got beaten physically and mentally there, thought if that wasn’t the last round he’d have been stopped. Usyk’s left down the middle really did damage early on, thought when AJ changed it up he was getting back into it but he was outclassed. I think this is one of those losses that a fighter never truly recovers from.Β 

• Paid Members

I had a bad feeling there was gonna be some dodgy judging at the end there but thankfully the right man got the nod.

Incredible stuff from Usyk. Like Ebb, I had it close until the last 4 rounds then Usyk went up a gear and AJ was drowning by that point. Great fight but an even better individual performance from Usyk.Β 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think this is one of those losses that a fighter never truly recovers from.Β 

yeh, this was a bad one. Joshua has soundly outboxed everyone he's ever faced and been considered the best for years (if we're talking resume). Last night he'll realised theres someone a level above him, and he might know its someone he cant beat. Damaging loss.

How about that Callum Smith KO? frightening.

I quite enjoyed the undercard. My little preview i wrote based on what id been reading rung true. Campbell Hatton was absolutely gifted a decision though, i has him losing 5 rounds to 1. Feel quite sorry for him, he needs to be brought down a peg or two, hes not ready.

Thought it was a good show. Moved quickly too.

Usyk was indicating he wants time off to spend with his family before his next fight and that should work fine for both parties as Joshua too is going to need time off to recover from what he went through in that fight. Unless Joshua suddenly retires and I do no see that happening, the rematch will happen next and it will be massive. There are adjustments Joshua can make in the rematch to give himself a better chance, but the same can be said for Usyk too. It's going to be a hard one to come back from physically and especially mentally from what happened last night. I'm up for the return fight, Usyk wins again.Β 

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh, this was a bad one. Joshua has soundly outboxed everyone he's ever faced and been considered the best for years (if we're talking resume). Last night he'll realised theres someone a level above him, and he might know its someone he cant beat. Damaging loss.

Yeah it was worse than the Ruiz loss in that sense. With Ruiz there’s things they could tell themselves. Just got caught and never recovered, change of opponent etc. Bollocks really but it’s little things a fighter can tell themselves to justify it and move on. With this he just got soundly beaten and the thing he could usually fall back on if things were getting rough in there, his Boxing, was the area he was getting outclassed in. It’s gonna be a hard one to come back from mentally.

And yeah, the Callum Smith KO was absolutely terrifying.Β 

FF7E2194-03E9-4F45-B2F1-FD34F7BC294C.gif

• Paid Members

yeh, that was career rejuvinating win for Smith. His stock was badly damaged by that Canelo loss, he needed to come back with something big last night. Castillo has mixed with good company and not been stopped so that was impressive.

Edited by Egg Shen