• Paid Members

That's a very cool image of the 100m final.

I haven't been able to keep up with the Olympics as closely as I'd have liked. Where can I catch up on the Judo finals. I tried using the Discovery+ app. Unfortunately its pretty rubbish. YouTube seems to only have short news clips. Ideally I'd like to watch a compilation of Riners run through the competition. Plus the earlier description of the sudden death mixed team event came across as a must see event. Is there a decent video package of that about?

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, TibBo said:

They had to change the rules coz Dhalsim kept winning everything

And he insisted on lighting the Olympic flame before the torch had even arrived

• Paid Members

Polish speed climber and easy entrant in the commercial hottie thread, Aleksandra Miroslaw, broke her own world record twice today.

This absolutely blows my mind.

https://www.eurosport.com/climbing/olympic-games-paris-2024/2024/paris-2024-unthinkable-aleksandra-miroslaw-world-record-leaves-commentators-without-words_vid2206786/video.shtml

What a day! Hogkinson winning gold in a hell of a race, some elbowing drama mid-race in the 5000m and then Mondo Duplantis winning gold in the pole vault with three attempts still left over so used them to break his own world record, just for a laugh.

Mondo Duplantis is fucking ridiculous! Absolute generational talent. He's one of those guys that they should hang the sport around. Like Timothee Chalomet if Chalomet could jump over your house.

Great night in the stadium. I dunno how many other people keep up with the regular athletics season, but there was some quality stuff tonight.

Really exciting womens 5000m with wily tactics, a great finish and some good old fashioned beef between the Kenyans and Ethiopians.

Proper champions performance by Keely Hodgkinson. I had a moments doubt, but the second she stepped off that bend, it was a done deal.

But yeah, Duplantis. Just one of those athletes it feels like a privilege to watch.

Edited by BrodyGraham