The General Motors Domestic Football Thread. 21/22 (NO SHIT BANTER)

PowerButchi

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

One of my best mates’ son just came on for Liverpool for the last 30 seconds. I remember him being born! Absolutely mental.

I used to hand pound notes to Neco Williams dad of a Saturday night. 

• Paid Members
On 1/9/2022 at 7:09 PM, SuperBacon said:

Struggling at home against Morecambe isn't for everyone....

Still nice ground and wanky beer and all that.

spacer.png

Morecambe fans were absolutely superb the whole game. Bit of a shame we won to be honest!

The Beavertown’s quite nice imo!

• Moderators
3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I’m dreading turning 38 in May as I remember Ray Wilkins playing for QPR at that age and thinking he was fucking ancient.

Former  Wrexham AFC chef/convicted paedophile Ieuan Jones used to live across the road from me in the 90s (and took me and my brother to Abersoch, but didn't nonce us. We were lucky) and brought us the papers from his cafe in Bersham every day after closing. For some reason one would always be the Daily Record. I still remember Ray Wilkins scoring for Hibs in it. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

So. We have Elneny and Partey at AFCON, Maitland-Niles has joined Roma on loan and Xhaka decides to roundhouse kick his was to a red card tonight. Odegaard can play CM, but he has Covid. This leaves Sambi Lokonga as our only CM for the North London derby this Sunday, so we desperately need a solution. Somebody that loves beating Spurs. 

Send for him. 

1602731-34052011-2560-1440.thumb.jpg.0d062028158f18b0d71532f9d2b46d85.jpg

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, PunkStep said:

So. We have Elneny and Partey at AFCON, Maitland-Niles has joined Roma on loan and Xhaka decides to roundhouse kick his was to a red card tonight. Odegaard can play CM, but he has Covid. This leaves Sambi Lokonga as our only CM for the North London derby this Sunday, so we desperately need a solution. Somebody that loves beating Spurs. 

Send for him. 

Apparently we're trying get Arthur in before 5pm today to register him for Sunday. If not, assuming we don't take Wilshere back on a short term deal, it'll be either someone playing out of position (Ben White or Callum Chambers), or Miguel Azeez/Charlie Patino. None of these options are great, and I am expecting Bryan Ferry's merry band to give us a hiding. Joy. 

13 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Send for him. 

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

Apparently we're trying get Arthur in before 5pm today to register him for Sunday. If not, assuming we don't take Wilshere back on a short term deal, it'll be either someone playing out of position (Ben White or Callum Chambers), or Miguel Azeez/Charlie Patino. None of these options are great, and I am expecting Bryan Ferry's merry band to give us a hiding. Joy. 

No central midfielders available? Defenders out of position?

Dr Tottenham will see you Sunday at 4.30pm 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, mim731 said:

I can't see that happening before 5pm. Juve apparently want to replace him first (although they already did that in the summer by signing Locatelli), so unless they pull out pants down to get it done today then it isn't happening. It's also a disaster waiting to happen given he'll have one training session with the team before a vital match. 

I think we see Benjamin White there instead, with Holding and Gabriel at the back. To be fair, Spurs' midfield is absolute dogshit at the moment so we could play Edu and Arteta there and not be overran. 

But fuck me, Xhaka loves to pick his moments doesn't he. Such a fucking liability. 

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Come at me when you’re bringing Neco Williams on for attacking reinforcements and you’ve had to develop Oil Tanker Nat Phillips in to a player who gets linked to Napoli.

You had a full strength side minus Salah and Mane! Good to see all those Covid tests turned out to be negative after all, I was worried for you for a moment. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I can't see that happening before 5pm. Juve apparently want to replace him first (although they already did that in the summer by signing Locatelli), so unless they pull out pants down to get it done today then it isn't happening. It's also a disaster waiting to happen given he'll have one training session with the team before a vital match. 

I think we see Benjamin White there instead, with Holding and Gabriel at the back. To be fair, Spurs' midfield is absolute dogshit at the moment so we could play Edu and Arteta there and not be overran. 

But fuck me, Xhaka loves to pick his moments doesn't he. Such a fucking liability. 

Yeah I can't see it happening today, although getting him in for the second leg of the Carabao Cup seems realistic from the sounds of it. Agree on White playing in midfield on Sunday, seems like the most likely/safest scenario. 

• Paid Members

But it does look like we will bring in Arthur before the end of the month. I'll be happy with that, I liked the look of him at Barca and thought it was a very bizarre decision to let him go (I know it was an accounts fiddle for both teams, but from a footballing perspective why get rid of him?). Let's hope he's an Odegaard loan rather than a Denis Suarez.