• Paid Members

Surfer Sting's music was good. Man called Sting was decent, but the music people had before that album came out and they got saddled with them were so much better. 

• Paid Members

I think as a kid I’d have seen Sting as a Warrior rip off if he had the old theme as well as face paint rather than Man Called Sting when I first saw Worldwide.

Simply Ravishing was a belter too. I can’t think of Rude in WCW without it.

Stings 1990 theme, and this is niche to me personally was also the music for the Front Runner Home Video VHS motor racing series. So to me it's their theme that Sting must have liked because he was from Cali and liked motorcycles. 6 year old logic. 

Edited by Chili

• Paid Members

On a similar note, I vividly remember hearing this once on Art Attack during that weekly bit when Buchanan would do a big giant piece made entirely out of bottle tops and empty crisp packets or whatever.

I don’t remember Stud Ramon using it myself but I quickly recognised it as The Barbarian’s music he used in 1992/3.

While we’re on this subject, Lex Luger’s late 80s/early 90s theme is class.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

While we’re on this subject, Lex Luger’s late 80s/early 90s theme is class.

Luger was blessed with an awesome theme in 95-98 too. Jericho refers to his first theme as “Basketball highlights 27” but I thought that was great. Along with the pre-“used on the DVD” version of the Horsemen music without the actual horse sounds, Rey Eddie and Deans themes, WCW had some absolute crackers coming off the line in those days.

3 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Just finished the Nitro before the bird shit logo rebrand comes into effect.

One thing I’m noticing is just how much Schiavone and Heenan are bickering. I knew they had a dislike of each other, but it’s just uncomfortable hearing it play out in realtime. Heenan sounds like he can’t be arsed and just wants to throw out quips, and Tony regularly just scolding him like a child with, “Shut up! Just… shut up” whilst Tenay sits on the end like a younger brother not knowing what to say.

Whats the date on that ? Does Bobby sound like he has had a few on board ?

I always associate the birdshit stage with the demise of wcw. In my mind, before then Nitro was good.

After it’s debut, it was shite.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The Luger theme which was described by the OSW crew as "generic biddle"? It is a banger. 

That’s the biddle. Err, badger.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Chili said:

Yes. The biddle is an absolute corker. 

I know someone will post the Marty Janetty/Ludwig Borga/Greg Valentine/Blitzkrieg and Armstrong bangers so I wanna take a moment to appreciate Alex Wright's super lush techno freakout. Its genuin

Flyin' Brian's old pre-Blondes theme was decent as well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Whats the date on that ? Does Bobby sound like he has had a few on board ?

I always associate the birdshit stage with the demise of wcw. In my mind, before then Nitro was good.

After it’s debut, it was shite.

March 29, 1999 in Toronto. Also saw Sting return after his 5-month holiday… by standing in the rafters for 30 seconds.

• Paid Members

I used to love that Real Estate Steve got a nice christmas "injury" every year after a certain point. At least he was doing one thing before Taker used to do it. Probably both off buying houses and dealing with unruly tenants. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I used to love that Real Estate Steve got a nice christmas "injury" every year after a certain point. At least he was doing one thing before Taker used to do it. Probably both off buying houses and dealing with unruly tenants. 

Yeah. Same happens in the tail end of 1999. Injured. Written off for months.

I wonder if it was to do with contracted appearances, i.e. WCW using up any pre-agreed number of appearances and then just writing him out with an injury until his contract rolled over?