Members SuperBacon Posted October 19, 2020 Members Posted October 19, 2020 18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: There’s a belt community? Wait, what is a belt community? It'll be like the football kit community. Full of absolute know it all's ( )who lucked out buying a few shirts when they were younger, and now selling them in their £000s and £0000s. They ask things like "Show us the inside wash labels mate", and know product codes off by heart. It's not for everyone. Can imagine a wrestling belt community is a million times worse.
Dinsdale Posted October 19, 2020 Author Posted October 19, 2020 1 minute ago, SuperBacon said: It'll be like the football kit community. Full of absolute know it all's ( )who lucked out buying a few shirts when they were younger, and now selling them in their £000s and £0000s. They ask things like "Show us the inside wash labels mate", and know product codes off by heart. It's not for everyone. Can imagine a wrestling belt community is a million times worse. Dear me, I thought I'd advertise a wrestling belt for sale on a wrestling forum frequented by wrestling fans and I get posts like this... This sums it up...
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted October 19, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2020 Pulling out Ricky Gervais videos is really going to win people round as well.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 19, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2020 4 minutes ago, Dinsdale said: Dear me, I thought I'd advertise a wrestling belt for sale on a wrestling forum frequented by wrestling fans and I get posts like this... This sums it up... Should have tried a wrestling belt forum. It’s clear we’re not in the belt know ?♂️
Dinsdale Posted October 19, 2020 Author Posted October 19, 2020 I'm not trying to win anyone round. What good would that do? Is this some sort of popularity driven message board or something? Have I broken some rule? EDIT: I can see this isn't in the Classifieds section. I just have misclicked as I did want it to go there. That's where I've advertised footage in the past. Would an admin be so kind as to move it?
Dinsdale Posted October 19, 2020 Author Posted October 19, 2020 They're on the wrestling belt forum... can they only be advertised in one place?
Members SuperBacon Posted October 19, 2020 Members Posted October 19, 2020 4 minutes ago, Dinsdale said: Dear me, I thought I'd advertise a wrestling belt for sale on a wrestling forum frequented by wrestling fans and I get posts like this... This sums it up... What, a jokey post?
Keith Houchen Posted October 19, 2020 Posted October 19, 2020 @Dinsdaledo you know @Rule One? He might know potential customers, he’s the belt historian/expert around these parts.
Paid Members FLips Posted October 19, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 19, 2020 You can only post them on the Wrestling Belt Forum if they're AEW or Chinese Belts. With your ones you want the Wrestling Title Forum.
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted October 20, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 20, 2020 You might want to grow a thicker skin, if you are getting all worked up over the non-serious replies to your advert. They aren't even that bad! A few questioning about the price, a few daft posts and Bacon explaining how wank the footy shirt collecting community is and guessing that the belt collectors would probably be worse(an educated guess too, as the brilliant posts Rule 1 has made on here before point out). Just put you ad up and keep an eye on it. Who cares if random strangers on a forum you don't frequent are taking the piss a bit?
5pints Posted October 20, 2020 Posted October 20, 2020 My question is - What's so special about these particular belts that makes them worth the money you're trying to sell them for? What's their history?
RancidPunx Posted October 21, 2020 Posted October 21, 2020 15 hours ago, 5pints said: My question is - What's so special about these particular belts that makes them worth the money you're trying to sell them for? What's their history? Good question .
Keith Houchen Posted October 21, 2020 Posted October 21, 2020 Because they were made by Reggie Parks. It’s akin to asking what makes this Stradivarius violin so expensive.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted October 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2020 Did Reg Parks really make them, or was it Owen Hart fucking about?
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted October 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted October 22, 2020 1 hour ago, IANdrewDiceClay said: Did Reg Parks really make them, or was it Owen Hart fucking about? Wasn't he the lawyer in TNA?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.