UFC Vegas: Santos vs Teixeira - Nov 7 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As is now normal and my weekly routine i recorded the show on sky and watched it this morning. 
Only watched the main card so far, during the week when the kids are at school i'll watch the prelims when i'm bored.

Thiago Santos vs Glover Teixeira
This was yet another case of me going into a main event so excited and convinced the fighter i was backing would walk away from the fight with the win and on there way to a title fight next......YET AGAIN i was wrong. Santos really did have Glover in a bad bad way on a couple of occasions during this one but Glover was smart and sensed he was going to get knocked into next Christmas if he tried to stand up with Santos so he took him down and put some ground and pound on him. If there was another 10 seconds left on the clock in round 2 Santos was going to tap and it be over then, He was lucky the clock ran out........Round 3 comes he once again looks like he is going to get the knockout but Glover scrambles and gets him back in the choke for the submission victory in round 3. As gutted as i am for Santos i really did want him to win and go for the title next or at the very least be a strong/viable contender in the mix. I can't argue or dispute just how good and impressive Glover was to recover and get past the couple of really nasty spots he found himself in thanks to the power of Thiago only to keep cool and get the sub victory.

Andrei Arlovski vs Tanner Boser
What a disappointing comedown from the previous fight this was. I have nothing but respect for Arlovski like everyone else i'm sure but Jesus Christ this was a snoozefest too watch and you can guarantee if this show was in front of a live crowd there would have been a sea of boo's for the sheer lack of action. 

Raoni Barcelos vs Khalid Taha
This was absolutely my fight of the night!!! WHAT A BARN BURNER. This is exactly the sort of fight i love this sport for. Back and forth, tough as fuck guy's going back and forth trying to get a big knock out. I completely agree Barcelos won it, Unfortunately Taha didn't really offer much of a threat for Raoni, However what he did possess was the heart of a champion and showing he will not go down for anyone. Absolutely stoked this got the fight of the night bonus both lads absolutely deserve the extra $50,000

Giga Chikadze vs Jamey Simmons
Decent enough scrap. Fantastic knock out finish at the end of the 3rd round for Giga. 

Claudia Gadelha vs Yan Xiaonan
Alright opener but nothing really special or too shout about. I didn't really agree with the judges decision on this one i thought Claudia did enough to get the win but it wasn't exactly a robbery or anything.

All in all i think it was a pretty decent main fight night card once again bar a couple of fights but the fights that got you excited/interested really did deliver. 

• Paid Members

Glover vs Santos was great. Exactly the kind of fight you’d envision it to be when it was announced. So many twists and turns. Santos looked as lethal as ever at times but Glover is just granite hard and came through in the end. It’s hard to argue against his case for a shot at the belt after this. That’s 5 in a row, including finishes over Santos and Smith (who both went the distance with Jon Jones) in his last 2. Blachowicz seems up for it;

4768642-E-B267-47-EB-A0-F8-E14-C5-FA1-EC

And even Dana admitted it’s hard to deny him his shot. At 41, time is of the essence and it would suck if Glover has to fight again before getting his last chance at UFC gold and ends up losing. It seemed so unlikely at one point but with Jones out of the way for the time being, Glover actually has a solid chance at winning the title. On this form, I could see him possibly beating Jan. I’m all for him doing that and becoming champ before he retires. Even if it’s just a short reign. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.

The rest was mostly enjoyable save for the odd exception. Barcelos vs Taha was fantastic as said above. Chikadze’s headkick was one for the highlight reel and the prelims were full of finishes. I’m fine with the decision going against Gadelha as well, after she got that dodgy one over Angela Hill a few months back. I know the judging isn’t Gadelha’s fault but still, these things have a way of evening themselves out, I guess.

This was fucking disgusting though. Ramiz Brahimaj went full on Mick Foley. And I’m not talking about him being a sex pest. Look at what remains of the poor get’s ear. What a memory for his UFC debut. 

C682CA8B-E35E-4518-A974-0F77AD81484F.jpeg

🤢

Edited by wandshogun09

• Moderators

You have to love Glover Teixeira - what a beast, takes a devastating punch and immediately comes up on a leg and takes it to the ground. Barcelos/Taha was an amazing fight.

Arlovski fight was dull as shit. Dominick Cruz was shit talking it as usual which would normally annoy me but he was right to be fair.

As much as I adore my tomboy, awful boob job, crush Claudia, her fights aren't that interesting these days. I felt she got lucky with the decision against Hill so seemed like judge karma to me.

First time I've seen Alexandr Romanov fight, and I thought to myself "he looks like a big lad" and then I saw him control lima on top with ease and make him tap to a forearm choke. Fuck me he must have some insane top pressure to keep Lima flat on the floor to tap to that.

Last night's show was a good night of fights. I voted for Santos to win in this thread but I changed by mind on the night when it came to putting a little accumulator on. After the Anthony Smith fight I realised I should never bet against Glover again, he's made of different stuff. I really want Izzy to get a title shot but Glover has deserved a whack at the gold, I guess the  division is suddenly more exciting than it was a few months ago when Jones vacated the strap and Reyes didn't quite turn out to be champion elect.

Arlovski still continues to get it done, all be it in quite a full manner, I think that win should get him a top 15 rankings spot, I'll be honest, I was surprised that he was unranked in the first place. 

Ciga Chikadze put on a good performance, Georgia is churning out the MMA stars right now, I wonder what has made it such a hot bed of talent there.

• Paid Members

Glover is a big tough bastard. He really is. I damn sure want him to get the shot next. I don't think it happens, but I hope he gets the winner, without having to take a right in the interim. Fair play to both men, it was exactly as much fun as you would have been expecting. 

Barcelos Vs Taha was great. Probably fight of the night for my money. Both men increased their stock with this, and I imagine there are a few 135's that have their eyebrows raised at the prospect of being called with an offer of fighting Raoni Barcelos after watching that. 

33 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

Barcelos Vs Taha was great. Probably fight of the night for my money. Both men increased their stock with this, and I imagine there are a few 135's that have their eyebrows raised at the prospect of being called with an offer of fighting Raoni Barcelos after watching that. 

Couldn't agree with you more on this!!! Both men went in there looking to SCRAP and that's what they did. Tbh no one looked at the line up and thought this fight would be the one to watch and bar setter for the rest of the show but my god did they do just that.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Ciga Chikadze put on a good performance, Georgia is churning out the MMA stars right now, I wonder what has made it such a hot bed of talent there.

Bear in mind Georgia's in the Caucasus, in the same region as Daghestan, Chechnyya, South Ossetia, Nagorno-Karabakh, and all those places where they're big into combat sports, producing the likes of Nurmagomedov, Makhachev, Chimaev, etc.

• Paid Members

It’s mad because it wasn’t that long ago there were hardly any guys from that region really on the UFC roster. I remember it seeming quite a novelty when guys like Rustam Khabilov showed up and German suplexed some poor prick on his head and KO’d him. And slowly you saw guys like Khabib, Makhachev, Bagautinov, the Shevchenko sisters creeping in. It took them a while to get in the door though for some reason. Back then if there was a good Russian fighter or prospect, they always seemed to end up in Bellator. Maybe because that was before the UFC were really breaking into Russia. Once Khabib took off though it really seemed to open the floodgates.