Work

Tommy!

3 minutes ago, no user name said:

Thanks mate. The other breakfast chef I work with is a nice bloke. The head chef doesn't like a toxic atmosphere so hopefully will be ok 

Absolute scenes when you walk in day one and it's this top lad then!

Gordon Ramsay Masterchef GIF by FOX TV

Mate don't get me started on ramsey. I know it makes good tv but he encourages work place bullying. You don't have to be a cunt to get results. He has been physical with staff as well. I heard about a chef who had burn marks on him from working with him. Luckily it's changing but it does still happen and people like him encourage it .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 3/1/2024 at 12:27 PM, gmoney said:

I've just been promoted at work. I did the job I'm going into before, covering for maternity leave just before lockdown started in 2020 and I stood down voluntarily because it was a bit of a fucking nightmare for various reasons, and also I worked out I could get paid more in my old role doing all the overtime I possibly could. After 4 years of working 80+ hours a week, I am officially tired of that, and having spoken with my management team, I've had enough assurances that I'm not going to chucked into the deep end this time, and personally I'm a lot more ready for the challenge.

image.jpg?id=10518412&width=980&quality=

Looking likey I'll be stepping down from this after near breakdown in record time. 

• Paid Members

Thanks mate. I've gone home for the day. My manager has been lovely today, while I melted down. The offer is there to step back down, or to reduce my responsibilities until I feel more comfortable, but in all honesty I hate every single aspect of management and I've no idea why I convinced myself it would work this time. 

12 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Thanks mate. I've gone home for the day. My manager has been lovely today, while I melted down. The offer is there to step back down, or to reduce my responsibilities until I feel more comfortable, but in all honesty I hate every single aspect of management and I've no idea why I convinced myself it would work this time. 

Look after yourself mate, nothing worst than feeling trapped in a job that you loathe. At least your work seem supportive of you, though?

I've recently switched jobs, and nothing about the job or culture is as advertised and I'm trying to avoid panicking or making any rash decisions.

Work, at its best, can be great and really enrich your life. At it's worst, regardless of who's to blame, it's an absolute nightmare.

• Paid Members

I'm getting increasingly infuriated with people treating emails like Whatsapp.

Just for context, I work for a football kit supplier so the majority of my emails are from customers giving me details on sponsor logos/badges/sizes/squad numbers etc etc.

It's quite common now for me to receive emails in quick succession like this;

"I need 14 football tops"

"Actually 15 lol"

"Shorts aswell"

"Nike please"

"Number 6 has to be a large"

"Actually make it an XL"

And repeat this process for discussing how the badge should look, how the sponsor should look, etc.

It is so fucking frustrating. It's not that hard to compile everything you want into one document then send it over in one go!

I think 12 years of working here may be taking its toll.