Work

Tommy!

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Thanks for the heads up, my wife has been out of work since Christmas. Will take a look and see if there's anything there that might suit her for a career pivot away from shopfloor retail.

IIRC you guys are up north right?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/find-a-skills-bootcamp/north-west

If she's on UC, she could also ask the JCP about their employability programmes or SWAPs (Sector based Work Academy Programmes- proper shit sounding isn't it?) which are similar in a way that its designed with an employer in mind. https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/skills-sector-based-work-academies-swaps/

If you need any advice or anything, let me know. Best of luck to her. 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

IIRC you guys are up north right?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/find-a-skills-bootcamp/north-west

If she's on UC, she could also ask the JCP about their employability programmes or SWAPs (Sector based Work Academy Programmes- proper shit sounding isn't it?) which are similar in a way that its designed with an employer in mind. https://jobhelp.campaign.gov.uk/skills-sector-based-work-academies-swaps/

If you need any advice or anything, let me know. Best of luck to her. 

Thanks, she's here on a spouse visa from America so no UC/JCP, but looking at the eligibility criteria this doesn't fall under 'no recourse to public funds' and she's past the 3 years mark so I can't see anything disqualifying there. Have passed it on to her to have a look and see if anything strikes her fancy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Are there any Excel gurus here?

Basically I have a spreadsheet with staff names and their date of birth. I want to be able to open this spreadsheet on a Monday morning and it highlight the data in some way to say which staff have a birthday in the next 7 days. I'm guessing conditional formatting is the way forward but I can't work it out!

12 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Basically I have a spreadsheet with staff names and their date of birth. I want to be able to open this spreadsheet on a Monday morning and it highlight the data in some way to say which staff have a birthday in the next 7 days. I'm guessing conditional formatting is the way forward but I can't work it out!

Wouldn't it be easier to put those in an outlook calendar and then adjust the alert time period?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, waters44 said:

I've just done it with a filter for the week — put in the dates, formatted with just day and month, and then filter the sheet, and filter the date column by label > this week.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Wouldn't it be easier to put those in an outlook calendar and then adjust the alert time period?

I started with that but because of the staff turnover I was constantly messing about with the calendar 

16 hours ago, Sergio Mendacious said:

I've just done it with a filter for the week — put in the dates, formatted with just day and month, and then filter the sheet, and filter the date column by label > this week.

This worked great, thanks!

What I posted in Woke,

"A new managers job has been made at my organisation. Public conveniences and animal welfare. Both previously managed by Street Cleaning, with 1 guy (me) doing SC and PC (80% the latter), 1 guy doing SC and AW (A 50/50 split) and one just doing AW. So I have no experience with animal welfare and they have none with PCs so will be interesting. PCs has 10 times the budget despite less staff. The manager will manager 2 members of staff. I obviously need to read up on Animal Welfare. Does anybody work on anything like that? Apart from DDA 91 and AWA 2006 I don't know where to look."

On 4/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, waters44 said:

I'm sat in a Denny's somewhere in AZ, but...

Use a combination of Datedif (or Datediff - one is for VBA) and Today(), with their DOB.

For the DOB though you'll have to spoof the year portion - so =DATE(2024, MID(A1, 4,2),  LEFT(A1,2)

Basically something like

=DATEDIF(DATE(2024, MID(A1, 4, 2, LEFT(A1, 2)), TODAY(), "d")

Depends on the format of the date of course.

You can then use this in conditional formatting 

Probably 🧐

Edit - or filters 🤓

Edited by DiscoPistol
Too slow and overly complicated

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, DiscoPistol said:

I'm sat in a Denny's somewhere in AZ, but...

Use a combination of Datedif (or Datediff - one is for VBA) and Today(), with their DOB.

For the DOB though you'll have to spoof the year portion - so =DATE(2024, MID(A1, 4,2),  LEFT(A1,2)

Basically something like

=DATEDIF(DATE(2024, MID(A1, 4, 2, LEFT(A1, 2)), TODAY(), "d")

Depends on the format of the date of course.

You can then use this in conditional formatting 

Probably 🧐

Edit - or filters 🤓

What the fuck is up Denny’s!

Thanks for that, you lost me at combination but I really appreciate the time and effort to do that mate 

I start a new job on Monday. I'm a Chef but I've had a lot of mental health issues over the years and done a lot of agency work as it's been hard to maintain employment.

It's as a breakfast chef. It's in a 5 star hotel with a 3 rossette restaurant so high standard. I've got a private counseller so hopefully I won't get overwhelming issues and have to leave