Dream matches

Michael_3165

• Paid Members

WWE put out their own list of current dream matches on Twitter and, well, fucking hell. It speaks volumes for what a mess they’re in these days. Click the link for the full list, which includes such dream bouts as Drew vs. Otis.

Edited by Supremo

I'd have loved to see either Rock or Austin challenge the Streak. And fuck it when Sabu was back in 2006/07 I thought he'd be an awesome Streak challenger too. Given the timing it would've had to be Mania 23 in place of Taker/Batista, which I'd have taken any day of the week.

There was a time when I'd have loved them to build to The Shield vs The Bullet Club at a Mania too. In fact I thought that was possibly where they were going for Mania 33 after they had the three Shield lads triple powerbomb Styles through the announce table during the (excellent) Raw/SD survivors tag at the previous years' Survivor Series.

Speaking of the Shield I also had a wacky idea around that time of parlaying the brewing Vince/Triple H/Authority angle that never really resolved into a big six man at Mania featuring The Shield (with Triple H in their corner) against John Cena, The Rock and Steve Austin (with Vince in their corner) in a winner take all six man tag. Its not as far fetched as it first seems either, since Cena could've done most of the work/bumping on Vince's side and let Rock and Austin strut about and hit their key spots. It needn't have been much more of a workout for Rock than his match with Erick Rowan at whatever Mania that was. The story writes itself as well - Triple H and his creation vs Vince and his three biggest non-racist creations. Makes me balls ache just thinking about it.

Sticking on Austin as well can you imagine the money they could all have taken in if they'd got their heads together with WCW in say Summer '99 and promoted a big supercard with Goldberg/Austin on top. Not completely without precedent given the way Japanese promotions have occasionally promoted joint supershows over the years. Fuck knows how you book the winner or even a finish but who's arsed, it'd be all about the build. Vince in Austin's corner, Bischoff in Goldie's. Have them go to a schmozz finish where Vince gets a Jackhammer and Bischoff gets stunned. Beers all round for the lads at the end. Magic.

Edited by Pinc

• Awards Moderator
17 hours ago, Supremo said:

WWE put out their own list of current dream matches on Twitter and, well, fucking hell. It speaks volumes for what a mess they’re in these days. Click the link for the full list, which includes such dream bouts as Drew vs. Otis.

The really weird thing is they’ve picked a whole bunch of people who are all currently active in WWE right now, meaning every one of their own ‘dream’ matches could actually happen with minimal effort, and yet they still have him wrestling Dolph Ziggler.

• Paid Members
On 7/15/2020 at 3:03 PM, Pinc said:

And fuck it when Sabu was back in 2006/07 I thought he'd be an awesome Streak challenger too. Given the timing it would've had to be Mania 23 in place of Taker/Batista, which I'd have taken any day of the week.

I’d forgotten what a strange place On Topic could be.