Transformers are way better than Gobots

DEF

• Paid Members
On 5/15/2024 at 7:57 PM, Surf Digby said:

So far, the turn out here in Nottingham consists of me.IMG_20240515_195508.thumb.jpg.15e6285dfb4a458ca9f4af257f8f995d.jpg

I'm trying to decide whether it's funnier to go to the local Vue, which has a much bigger screen etc, but has two other people there, or go to the Everyman and watch it in a ridiculously luxurious cinema that's much busier.

I do plan on wearing my Prime t-shirt and my jacket with the UK Transformers: The Movie poster as a full-back patch. Because I'm cool.

• Paid Members

The final body count at Nottingham was 4 (including myself).

I was hoping for a full house of 45 year old manchilds having a daft old time and singing the theme tune.

• Paid Members
On 5/17/2024 at 12:35 PM, Surf Digby said:

The final body count at Nottingham was 4 (including myself).

I was hoping for a full house of 45 year old manchilds having a daft old time and singing the theme tune.

Turned out it wasn't busy. It was just that buying a single ticket meant the double seats weren't available. None of them were taken.

Also 3 other people in the end.

• Paid Members

Including the wife and I there were about ten people in my screening at showcase this afternoon. I had a blast.

• Paid Members

Just watched it at the Phoenix in Leicester.

Around 15 people in attendance.

The read through was for episode 1 of More Than Meets the Eye. A mixture of the original voice cast and new guys. Welker did the Soundwave without any synthesized enhancement.

Good fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share something with the group and thought this was the best thread for it.

When I was 2 years old my mum's mum, who would sadly die not long after, gave me a little toy robot. It was gold and transformed in to a golden rock but was definitely not a Transformer. My mum always likes to remind me her mum saw it in a shop and bought it because "little boys always need to have something in their pocket". 

I kept that thing with me for years, it would go on days out with us, it would get played with constantly, just sat holding it whilst watching Saturday morning TV. Eventually I would pass it on to my son and then when he got too old for it my younger son gravitated towards it who affectionately called it Golden Nugget. It's been with me for most of my life and is currently sat on a shelf in my son's bedroom, the gold paint still there but the yellow plastic showing through slightly in places where it's been worn away after years of enjoyment.

I'd always just sort of assumed it was some off-brand toy she'd spotted on a market or something, I've never seen another like it and I've never bothered doing any research as to what it was because I'd just assumed I wouldn't find anything. I've just opened Facebook marketplace randomly and there he was, on a suggested listing, way more battered than mine and with much less gold paint but instantly recognisable as the same golden robot. As I say, I've never looked for one of these, I don't collect Transformers or anything so there is zero reason for it to be suggested to me. This is the one from the listing:

442035079_433613366038316_34931156550963

I've just discovered after 37 years of ownership that it's Nuggit from Gobots.

Nuggit-gbotrl.jpg

I had to instantly speak to my mum to tell her this thing that has been loved by two generations, that I'll probably pass on to my grandkids, is a GoBot. And now I'm all emotional at my desk at work.

• Paid Members

Mate, if you'd posted that to this forum at any point in my entire tenure here, you'd have had your answer.

Go-Bots : Planet Of The Rock Lords was one of many tapes I borrowed as a child, along with all the He-Man, Transformers, Droids, Ewoks and probably other stuff I don't remember.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BigJag said:

Thanks. He looks to be pretty rare. 

It looks to be G2 Jazz livery and colours on a mould I'm not familiar with.

Yeah, they were trying for a G2 look (to go with the unreleased Combat Hero Optimus Prime homage) without copying any of the actual details from it. The original toy (Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz) was a pretty good one that was the go-to Jazz until Studio Series.

• Paid Members

Guys. sorry for the double post. 

Check out Hasbro Pulse at 1300US time, 1900UK time. They're releasing a new double set of Emirate Xaaron and Flame!

https://tfsource.com/blog/2024/06/13/countdown-10-things-to-know-about-emirate-xaaron/

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-generations-comic-edition-autobot-flame-emirate-xaaron

Edited by BigJag
Update