The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Odyssey Jones  sidewalk slamming both members of AOP was absolutely outrageous. Incredible spot, they should replay that every time he appears. 

Priest's promo aimed at JD was tremendous as well. "Ballor's sending you at me to take the first bullet" was a great line. Big fan of the Rhea and Priest super team of up righteous vengeance. 

Wyatt Sicks match was good stuff. Agreed that this is the best thing Lumis has done in years. I wasn't sure about the dreads at first but the whole look with the beard and paint combined with his psycho stare looked great in this match. Love that he's the one willing to be thrown into people as a weapon, nice nod to his previous gimmick that he has no problem with/quite enjoys pain. 

Gunther in his suit with his new belt was glorious. 

Edited by JLM

Incredibly happy for Rowan, after everything he's went through to now be main eventing an episode of Raw with the fans being fully behind you. Genuinely delighted for the bloke, seeing a clip of him and Bo hugging after the show went off the air was lovely to see.

Gotta say I’m enjoying the Wyatts thus far and that first match was a good showcase. Gacy looked great and Lumis just looks like the coolest bastard with the long hair and beard.

Good episode overall, I thought. Lots of progression and lots of Summerslam fallout that worked. Very easy watch.

Delighted everything is clicking for Priest as a face so far and that they’re keeping him and Rhea together (for now at least).

I know it happens everytime, and Gunther vs Orton will be good, but fucking hell what is the point of the draft when you can just randomly come to the other show and challenge for the World title. 

It's so frustrating, I'm a big fan of roster splits and the original was great, they just don't have the will to make it work anymore so just don't bother.

1 hour ago, Doog said:

I know it happens everytime, and Gunther vs Orton will be good, but fucking hell what is the point of the draft when you can just randomly come to the other show and challenge for the World title. 

It's so frustrating, I'm a big fan of roster splits and the original was great, they just don't have the will to make it work anymore so just don't bother.

Usually I would agree, but I don't think this is him randomly just showing up.

It has a logical backstory of HHH owing him one due to the finish at KOTR was how Gunther got his shot.

I think this ends up with The Bloodline costing him again and will eventually lead to Orton snapping and blaming Cody, maybe a Survivor Series match between them?

1 hour ago, Doog said:

Given the circumstances in which Orton lost, I don’t mind it at all. It makes sense that Triple H/Pearce/Aldis might agree to this, and it opens up the door for someone like…I dunno…Jey Uso to appear on Smackdown as part of this storyline agreement.

That was a fun episode of Raw, and I also enjoyed the Sicks. I’ve said it for a while, but people have always underestimated Rowan in ring. He’s much better than he’s given credit for. The match against American Made was exactly what it needed to be - fast-paced and fun; while also establishing the wrestlers in question. I’m really intrigued as to how far this will push Bo Dallas up the card. I’m going to go out on a limb and say he’ll be someone who Gunther defends his title against before Wrestlemania. 

The Judgment Day stuff continues to compel me more that it has any right to, and I was particularly sad to see Carlito side with Balor, Mysterio and Morgan. I hope he ends up on Team Damien before this is all said and done! I’d never have expected it, but the World title run has left Priest feeling like a main event wrestler, a much bigger deal than he was before his title run. 

Drew/Punk/Rollins continues to be good, but I’m not sure about Reed pairing off with Rollins. I’d much prefer to see the triple threat than a Rollins/Reed match. Maybe the idea is to go with McIntyre/Reed vs Rollins/Punk; who knows. Reed hasn’t been convincing since his return, so hopefully he can step it up for this opportunity.

I did put this in the Summerslam thread, but feels like it fits in here following raw.

New Judgement stuff is going to be good I feel. 

Priest calling Dom a "little prick" on Saturday really made me laugh for some reason. Damien feels bigger after losing the title which is nice and keeping him with Rhea for a bit could be great.

Fantasy booking....Let Rhea and Priest tear through a combination of Liv, Dom, Fin and JD for a couple of months, with Carlito stuck in the middle and just sucking up to whoever seems the best choice each week.

Then let's go crazy...switch the title to Rhea in Berlin... have Liv demand a rematch and Rhea agree but only if she gets Dom in the Cell if she wins, Dom v Rhea with nowhere to run could be brilliant.

Then do that match at Bad Blood to wrap up. 

Edited by thatvinylgeek

Bronson Reed destroying Seth was excellent, I went from moaning about his shite gear at the start of the segment to loving it. Seriously though, get those straps yanked down and some tan on.

I’ve never really seen much of Lumis but was thoroughly impressed by him, and liked the Wyatts overall. If they stick to this format and stay away from the supernatural then I’m all for it.

Priest has improved so much and I’m glad he’s going to be sticking with Rhea or so it seems. They had some cracking banter and just generally looked like they were having fun on the kick off show as a duo so be glad to see that continue for a bit. Finn is much better in this role too.

I don’t know what Xavier Woods problem is but The New Day needs something different so maybe this addition or this hint at a split will help.

• Paid Members

Well that looked like the end of the push for Big Boss Kross and his gaggle of toss. The Only thing AOP had going for them was that they are big old units who manhandle folks. When a bigger boy comes along, takes your dinner and kicks sand in your dad's face you are done. Hopefully that's good riddance. 

Priest and Rhea v Fudge Face Finn and the already judged day should be a way of keeping them all in a worthwhile programme. I wouldn't expect Rhea v Dirty Dom until they move onto Netflix, this should keep them all busy and hopefully us entertained. 

Seth getting splatted by the big unit is a way of keeping him away from Punk and Drew which is clearly not played out yet. I expect Seth to be wheeled back into Punk's orbit once he has bested Reed. I'd like it to be Seth picking over the carcass of a defeated Punk but whether Phil's body and ego will allow that is another matter. 

A decent Raw got things going again after Summer Slam. 

4 hours ago, Doog said:

Don't forget A Town Down just popping over for a random match on Raw.

Don't have the time for RAW really but generally check it out after the bigger PPVS. A real solid effort all round and a hot crowd that seemed into most things which was great. It really does make a huge difference.

While I'm not sure Priest was a good champ as such, it's definitely clear that his involvement in the Judgement Day and his journey up to now has pushed him up the card and definitely won the fans over. I did enjoy him in NXT and he's a capable fiery babyface so it's good to see him in that zone now.

Rhea is just a fucking megastar now isn't she?

Orton/Gunther is a good strong revisit and first defence.

1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

Don't forget A Town Down just popping over for a random match on Raw.

They explained that one as well as the Orton one tbf. Pearce had done a deal with Aldis to get them over for the night. Orton was owed one by Triple H.

It’s one thing to say about Trips is he generally tries to plug the logic holes. You can’t plug them all or some explanations can come across as ridiculous because it’s wrestling but he tries his best.

2 hours ago, NeverYield said:

Well that was a proper solid post SummerSlam RAW imo, much better than the post 'Mania offerings.

I concur. A lot of the criticisms I heard of WWE post mania was that after such an exciting, and wild build up, everything just kind of' was' the weeks following maina. 

But I can appreciate a lot of that at the top of the card suffered following rock and reigns leaving. Skip forward to the current landscape and everything seems to have an air of excitable uncertainty again. 

18 minutes ago, SwayWays said:

I concur. A lot of the criticisms I heard of WWE post mania was that after such an exciting, and wild build up, everything just kind of' was' the weeks following maina. 

But I can appreciate a lot of that at the top of the card suffered following rock and reigns leaving. Skip forward to the current landscape and everything seems to have an air of excitable uncertainty again. 

Yeah that's pretty much it I reckon with their departure things just seemed to fall flat quite quickly but I'm interested at the moment to see where things are gonna go after last night.