The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Drew's current promo energy sort of reminds me of call centre middle managers who smugly flex into their new roles and hide dick behaviour behind an "It's my 'challenger' personality type" excuse. 

He's not as bad as Rollins, though. Crucially, there's a bit of truth and belief to what he's saying. Whereas Rollins is one of the few top of the card stars probably ever, really, where seemingly nothing he's doing is coming from that classic "The guys are just themselves turned up to 11" mentality. Seth Rollins probably shies from fights (not saying it's a bad thing) and likes to hang out playing Madden, listening to Alexisonfire or whatever. 

That's why (someone said to me it was a low bar before, granted) his initial corporate heel solo breakout is probably still his best character work, in hindsight. Him flying around gurning his head off dressed Roxy Music era Eno is just impossible to buy because it reeks of someone who has the run of the boss and is able to write in their own fanfic. 

And whilst it was fun for awhile, that then clashes brutally when you're suddenly tasked with being the "I'm the man around here, and this belt? This belt's the biggest belt of all the belts!" type figure. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members

Not to drag things back around to Rock vs Reigns, and the scuttlebutt that it would be big enough to "not need the title" so we might see Orton vs Cody for the belt, which I'd hate...

If they have The Rock back and he'd do both Chamber AND Mania, I'd give a thought to arranging Rock vs Lesnar. It was the first draft for 30, why not do it at 40?

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes
The Rock vs Brock Lesnar
Seth Rollins vs CM Punk
Gunther vs John Cena
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
Logan Paul vs LA Knight
Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch
Jey Uso/Zayn vs Jimmy Uso/Solo
Finn Balor vs Damian Priest
Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre
Bayley/Banks/Belair and/or Naomi vs Damage CTRL 6 or 8 woman. Or even Bayley/Kai/Banks vs Io/Kairi/Asuka

That'll do me. Yes, I know I said there was no need to do Styles vs Orton again but its the biggest match either could have without going cross-brand.

If they have time to sign Andrade, get him in there with Rey. Fuck it, if they decide Jericho is not too problematic to sign, get him into chase "ICT number 10" from Gunther, do Cena vs Orton one last time for japes, put AJ with Rey.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Final draft as of 16/01.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Not to drag things back around to Rock vs Reigns, and the scuttlebutt that it would be big enough to "not need the title" so we might see Orton vs Cody for the belt, which I'd hate...

If they have The Rock back and he'd do both Chamber AND Mania, I'd give a thought to arranging Rock vs Lesnar. It was the first draft for 30, why not do it at 40?

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes
The Rock vs Brock Lesnar
Seth Rollins vs CM Punk
Gunther vs John Cena
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton
Logan Paul vs LA Knight
Rhea Ripley vs Dominik Mysterio
Jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso
Finn Balor vs Damian Priest
Sheamus vs Drew McIntyre
KO & Sami going for the tag belts again, I don't care against whom

That'll do me. Yes, I know I said there was no need to do Styles vs Orton again but its the biggest match either could have without going cross-brand.

If Mercedes/Sasha is just prick teasing AEW, let's throw the Horsewomen four way in there too. If they have time to sign Andrade, get him in there with Rey. Fuck it, if they decide Jericho is not too problematic to sign, get him into chase "ICT number 10" from Gunther, do Cena vs Orton one last time for japes, put AJ with Rey.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Charlotte's out of action for nine months, so that's off the cards for the foreseeable. 

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Charlotte's out of action for nine months, so that's off the cards for the foreseeable. 

I forgot that. I mean, it's bad for my "build the best card I can" idea, but I'm fairly sick of her so....

disco-inferno.gif.ab8913e33a34c3d08ad57ea9bbebc407.gif

I reckon Brock/Rock ends with Dwayne's muscle and sinew flying into the audience like a grotesque Oprah parody. "You get a piece of Rock... you get a piece of Rock!"

His poor body isn't built for Lesnar anymore.

Why on earth would the Rock want to be thrown around by Brock when he can work a safe chin lock city match with Roman.

I know they will still go with it but I can't think of much I would like to see less than Jimmy vs Jey.

I would have Jey go after Gunther and the IC Title, and have Jimmy and Solo enter a tag team turmoil match for the titles or something.

• Paid Members

Throwing around aside, has Brock actually hurt anyone? Aside from clobbering Strowman for being shit?

27 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

tag team turmoil

You've lost me. I know they love them, but rushed gauntlets are not my graps.

42 minutes ago, air_raid said:

has Brock actually hurt anyone

It's been said quite a few times that he's incredibly safe to work with because he's so strong he lands you safely every time. I think Angle was very complimentary about it.

I wouldn't be worried about the Rock taking some suplexes, I'd be more worried about his gas tank at 50.  Brock only really works one match, which is quite athletic.  Unless he could reproduce what he did with Hogan, now that was a great match, albeit not that long if I recall.

Edit: just found the ending

Hogan looks in better shape than I imagine Rocky is in at this point, being fair to the old boy.

Edited by Loki

He fucked Lashley's shoulder after throwing him on his head so many times Lashley got nervous and started twisting into his suplexes.

He rearranged Cena's face in 2012, too.

And he hit Miz in the head with a chair.

I love Lesnar, but he's a rough tough old bastard. He'd give Dwayne's hernias hernias.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

I'm aware my wrestling tastes have changed over the years, but right now I'd gladly watch guys like R-Truth telling a heartfelt story about his friends, Juice Robinson mugging to the camera, or Toni Storm killing every interview, over current WWE main-eventers. Perhaps it's the theatre and creativity I enjoy more now.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He fucked Lashley's shoulder after throwing him on his head so many times Lashley got nervous and started twisting into his suplexes.

Fair enough. Just wanted to check it wasn’t one of these baseless opinions like “Lesnars only in it for the money, he doesn’t care about wrestling” when everyone who’s been in the ring with him or agented a match for him says the opposite. Flesh wounds aside (most of which were on purpose, wrestlers being silly billies that they are) “Lesnars dangerous” feels like something that gets thrown around by detractors when the whole point of the show is stuff looks rough but nobody gets injured. Unlike, as Bret put in his book, knifedge chops which look lame but actually hurt, or how Vader looked like he was really hurting you because he was really hurting you. But if Brock dropped Lashley on his bonce, fair enough. But if the shoulder injury went down as you describe, sounds a bit like that’s on Bob.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, air_raid said:

The Rock vs Brock Lesnar

Can we at least let him finish the Fast and Furious series before we real life kill him.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Fair enough. Just wanted to check it wasn’t one of these baseless opinions like “Lesnars only in it for the money, he doesn’t care about wrestling” when everyone who’s been in the ring with him or agented a match for him says the opposite. Flesh wounds aside (most of which were on purpose, wrestlers being silly billies that they are) “Lesnars dangerous” feels like something that gets thrown around by detractors when the whole point of the show is stuff looks rough but nobody gets injured. Unlike, as Bret put in his book, knifedge chops which look lame but actually hurt, or how Vader looked like he was really hurting you because he was really hurting you. But if Brock dropped Lashley on his bonce, fair enough. But if the shoulder injury went down as you describe, sounds a bit like that’s on Bob.

I don't think Brock is dangerous per se, he's not Nia Jax, but he's rough and tumble and you need to be able to stay in there physically. The Rock got a hernia raising his eyebrow the last time he had a match.