The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Duke said:

I'm not sure having Seth lose a bunch of matches is the best way to prepare him for whatever his big match is.

Championship form, that.

Shame Owens clearly doesn't have a decent Stone Cold impersonation in him. Could have been brilliant, there. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Duke said:

I'm not sure having Seth lose a bunch of matches is the best way to prepare him for whatever his big match is.

Knowing how they book, this suggests he’s going to beat Cody at Wrestlemania. I’ll laugh my arse off.

4 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Shame Owens clearly doesn't have a decent Stone Cold impersonation in him. Could have been brilliant, there. 

Disagree with this. He did a great job. Lots of the little mannerisms, hesitations, body movements that Austin did, made the fake-out really well done.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Supremo said:

Knowing how they book, this suggests he’s going to beat Cody at Wrestlemania. I’ll laugh my arse off.

He does need a new.nickname. They've probably already designed their "nightmare slayer" t-shirts 

I watched this week's episode live as I'm dying with a bad case of the flu and chest infection. 

It can't just be me that thinks that this last go home Raw before the biggest ppv of the entire year was so unbelievably flat and didn't offer anything at all to make you excited or want to fork out however much for the ppv.

It was promo after promo after promo after promo. Then maybe a match that would last 3 minutes then back to promo.

When did they stop having X vs X for the title at wrestlemania and have them BOTH in the ring at say the start of raw. Instead you have to split them both up and do it separately? I just can't for the life of me understand this. 

Some of the best feuds in wrestlemania history has been down to segments together in the ring. The list is too long to go through but now it just feels so stupid and makes no sense at all to format it this way.

• Paid Members
On 1/6/2022 at 8:23 AM, air_raid said:

Anyway, the real reason I’m in this thread is to ask ; did WWE do an episode of TV where champions lost a non-title match? Yes they did.

Garth-Crooks.jpg

Squashing the Intercontinental Champion in two minutes? They just Honky’d an incredibly gifted wrestler and worse still, he’s got to carry on coming out with that belt as if either he or it are still worth a shit.

These last “I don’t even know how long” has been some of the worst booked pro wrestling since WCW 2000.

12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Squashing the Intercontinental Champion in two minutes? They just Honky’d an incredibly gifted wrestler and worse still, he’s got to carry on coming out with that belt as if either he or it are still worth a shit.

These last “I don’t even know how long” has been some of the worst booked pro wrestling since WCW 2000.

Yeah that was something that really blew my mind too. They had very little actual matches on the episode anyways so why would they land on only giving him 2 minutes 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Yeah that was something that really blew my mind too. They had very little actual matches on the episode anyways so why would they land on only giving him 2 minutes 

The booking was not about giving Ricochet anything or any thought process regarding him at all, it was just about making Theory look strong for Mania by giving him a decisive win, Ricochet was collateral damage. Why almost anyone on the roster couldn’t have been used in that spot, I have no clue.

It just adds further weight to the argument that the company only cares about creating memorable “moments” and has collectively forgotten how to make stars or do even mid-term pro wrestling booking, let alone long term. Planning for a couple of weeks for the title change was to create a “moment” which was more about Zayn losing than it was about Ricochet winning.

They haven’t got a clue any more about midcard titles other than just as a reason for people to fight, without clocking that if you treat them like shit and don’t let the wearers look like they’re any better than anyone else, nobody cares that the wrestlers are fighting over them. Might as well be Pepper On A Pole.

Case in point, I can easily forget on any given day that Zayn held that title. He’s held it three times.

Edited by air_raid

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

The booking was not about giving Ricochet anything or any thought process regarding him at all, it was just about making Theory look strong for Mania by giving him a decisive win, Ricochet was collateral damage. Why almost anyone on the roster couldn’t have been used in that spot, I have no clue.

It just adds further weight to the argument that the company only cares about creating memorable “moments” and has collectively forgotten how to make stats or do even mid-term pro wrestling booking, let alone long term. Planning for a couple of weeks for the title change was to create a “moment” which was more about Zayn losing than it was about Ricochet winning.

They haven’t got a clue any more about midcard titles other than just as a reason for people to fight, without clocking that if you treat them like shit and don’t let the wearers look like they’re any better than anyone else, nobody cares that the wrestlers are fighting over them. Might as well be Pepper On A Pole.

Yeah I mean when ricochet came out the commentary team were bigging up how much of a special thing this was and how he's he chanp on smackdown ext ext. 

When I saw it was theory he was against I genuinely sat up and thought this could be a fun little match between these 2. But no it wasn't worth it, and you can't do something like that to elevate someone before wrestlemania while completely squashing another match but this one with a title at stake which surely should really mean something too? But it obviously doesn't. 

A stupid throwaway match with a none wrestler was more important. Wwe 2022 logic