WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, DavidB6937 said:

I was fine until I couldn't find what I'd missed at the end, by which point I wanted to smash the van windows rather than clean the fucking thing.

That's what frustrated me about the damn thing! The vehicle looks clean, yet there's an almost insignificant speck of muck on it hindering your progress. Even typing those words is pissing me off - it's infuriating!

2 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

That's what frustrated me about the damn thing! The vehicle looks clean, yet there's an almost insignificant speck of muck on it hindering your progress. Even typing those words is pissing me off - it's infuriating!

Right? If I wanted to spend all that time doing something and then struggle to finish, I'd go and have sex.

(In before anyone else)

You know in the menu you can highlight any section and it then glows? Like if you’ve done 6 of 8 of lights or something, you can then see the two you haven’t done. Then just blitz it with your small nozzle with your creamy goodness until it climaxes. 

Anyone tried Game Pass on the Meta VR headsets? I'm hoping to get one for Christmas. Wondered how reliable it was. I play quite a bit on my laptop or my Steam Deck and never had any issues so assume it'll be pretty decent. I think from what I've read I can't use my PS5 control so may need to get something else.

3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Anyone tried Game Pass on the Meta VR headsets? I'm hoping to get one for Christmas. Wondered how reliable it was. I play quite a bit on my laptop or my Steam Deck and never had any issues so assume it'll be pretty decent. I think from what I've read I can't use my PS5 control so may need to get something else.

I haven’t put a lot of time in yet but the game pass works well on the quest, being able to control the size of the screen and have it working while having pass through on really makes it a comfortable play (xl screen is a bit disconcerting at first)There’s a slight input lag; nothing terrible and consistent with other game streaming services - stream quality was consistent and I managed a decent game or 2 of Fortnite without feeling like I was a step behind.

8 hours ago, King Coconut said:

Not any more you're not. It not only didn't soothe me, it actively vexed me. Our resident washers are obviously not well.

Yeah it wasn't for me at all either I gave it a try after seeing it mentioned a lot on here, House Flipper on the other hand I used to play to relax with a podcast playing quietly in the backround.

12 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Has anyone tried Baldur's Gate 3 on the Steam Deck? I'm interested in playing it, and while I do have the option of a PS5, the Steam Deck would probably suit me better.  

Yeah, it worked fine for me on the Steam Deck. The graphics have a little fuzz to them, but honestly it still looks better than, say, God of War does, and I didn't really experience any slowdown either. It came out on Xbox when I was about 90 hours in, so I finished the game off on the Series X, and surprisingly that was the first time I experienced actual lag and slowdown playing that game. The Deck was fine. Also, the Xbox managed to lose my saves a million times - if it wasn't for having a Larian account and enabling cross saves, I'd have been absolutely livid. So yeah - the Steam Deck was actually a smoother, more reliable experience for me than the console was (although it's been out on PS for longer, so maybe they've done all the necessary patching for that by now).

Thanks @textonly - the God of War reference is particularly helpful as I’ve actually played that on Deck and thought it worked well. Given that the Steam sale starts on Thursday, I’m going to hold off on buying for now - hopefully they’ll offer up a small discount - but I’ll be buying it on Deck either way.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Far Cry 6 on Game Pass. Lads, it’s Far Cry. You know what you’re getting, but with added Gus Fring and you have a crocodile mate. 

Honestly one of the most fun games I've ever played. Just blowing shit up and driving around. The plot is fine, but I'm just in it for the explosions