WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

That's a nice variation on the classic there, Keith. 

I saw the GTA announcement and notice they said they were announcing "the next GTA game" and not explicitly GTA6, so cynical brain is wondering whether it's just new campaigns etc for GTza online, or a titled game like they did with Vice City, San Andreas, Chinatown Wars etc. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be well received anyway. 

I'm looking forward to having to hold in a button to run, and a painstakingly immersive car cleaning mechanic where you can pick and choose from the best sponges and enjoy slow animations of your character scrubbing the hubcaps up and down.  

Edit: Just realised I've probably sold it to Houchen there! 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

I'm into Chapter 3 of Like a Dragon Gaiden and oh boy that first chapter is a bore, even compared to previous games in the series. Story elements are fine but it's really bare bones when it comes to gameplay for the duration of chapter 1.

Thankfully once you unlock a certain area in chapter 2, the game finally starts to open up, proper. 

It's clear early on that it's a smaller scale experience than most of the series but that doesn't bother me. Still loads to do.

And of course Kiryu now being a gadget wielding secret agent, is the kind of silly bollocks I live for. 

Oh and @Keith Houchen if you ever decide to give it a go, make sure you are alone when you unlock the hostess, mini game. 

5 hours ago, Merzbow said:

I'm replaying Yakuza 6 before I get Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, and I've found that it's actually cheaper to buy a physical Asian or Japanese copy which both come with English language subtitles. We don't get a physical version at all here.

Oh Y6. Really fun game to play but the story absolutely sucked, imo. I thought that the big conspiracy in particular was a massive wet fart.

Some of my favourite side stories in the entire series, though.

16 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Oh and @Keith Houchen if you ever decide to give it a go, make sure you are alone when you unlock the hostess, mini game. 

Haha, cheers mate! I already debased myself on FIFA playing a mode that’s an abomination called Volta. I feel physically sick. 

18 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I'm into Chapter 3 of Like a Dragon Gaiden and oh boy that first chapter is a bore, even compared to previous games in the series. Story elements are fine but it's really bare bones when it comes to gameplay for the duration of chapter 1.

Thankfully once you unlock a certain area in chapter 2, the game finally starts to open up, proper. 

It's clear early on that it's a smaller scale experience than most of the series but that doesn't bother me. Still loads to do.

And of course Kiryu now being a gadget wielding secret agent, is the kind of silly bollocks I live for. 

It was meant to be DLC originally if I remember right, explains why it feels so small.