WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Just now, FelatioLips said:

Just buy a new pair of Joycons rather than a whole Switch?

It's a switch lite, so new joycons would just be weird. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I have so much to finish or start yet I've gone back to Dark Souls 3, trying a pyromancer build and using the Dark Hand for the first half of the game, fisting invaders.

Spider-Man Miles Morales has been sat on my shelf for a year while I try to get the first Spider-Man done. Quite how much of the first Spider-Man I'll be able to get done while I'm playing on my XBox One I don't know, but I will get it done...

• Paid Members

Spiderman is pretty shit. I’ve never been a fan of superhero games but this had rave reviews, won GOTY from a few places and was discounted on PS store so I thought I’d give it a whirl. I’m nearly 70% through the campaign but I’m throwing in the towel. Don’t get me wrong it does have some plusses, the New York skyline looks fantastic, the web swinging is pretty cool and the humour isn’t terrible but that’s where it ends for me.
There’s almost zero interaction with the “open world” other than taking photographs of some landmarks to earn tokens to be spent on upgrades. The campaign is repetitive, the side missions are pointless and unfulfilling and the stealth objectives are laughable. The combat is so-so, it takes a while to get used to, is fun when you get used to it but then like everything else in the game you realise that nothing has really changed from the start, only arguably easier as you progress through the campaign.

It’s a game that had a potential but like so many games these days, all effort was put in to aesthetics leaving gameplay wanting. 

• Paid Members
On 12/22/2021 at 5:24 AM, stumobir said:

Spiderman is pretty shit.

Is this the 2018 one or the 2020 Miles Morales one?

I've not played MM but the 2018 one was all about the story for me, very rare I get drawn in by a story in a game but that did it really well for me.

It was also nice to have a Spiderman game it's fun to play because the last one I had was the 2000 PS1 game (which is still great).

Both of the recent Spidey games are great. Repetitive? Absolutely, but I found games like the Batman Arkham ones pretty repetitive too, but there was enough going on story-wise for me to really enjoy them. Admittedly I tend to play games in fairly small chunks these days (kids cause that!) so I've not been too burnt out by the similar challenges etc because they've been spaced out enough for me.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Is this the 2018 one or the 2020 Miles Morales one?

I've not played MM but the 2018 one was all about the story for me, very rare I get drawn in by a story in a game but that did it really well for me.

It was also nice to have a Spiderman game it's fun to play because the last one I had was the 2000 PS1 game (which is still great).

It was the 2018 one, the story isn’t bad and the characters are well voice acted but other than the Octavius stuff the rest of it felt rushed. For example, one extremely easy mission with Miles’ dad isn’t enough to make me care about either of those characters. Like I say, there were positives but as someone who likes to blast through a game rather than an hour here or there then it just felt overly repetitive for me. Example of that being, completing all the Frisk and Demon hideouts only to then have to do the exact same with Sable and Prisoners in the second half. And the little bonus challenges of drone chasing, taking pictures of cats and finding backpacks all just felt like pointless filler.