• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

TUF’s coming back then. Not sure if Dana said when filming starts but I’m guessing it’ll be fairly soon. Was meant to be Adesanya and Costa coaching leading into their fight but obviously that never ended up happening. Who do we reckon will coach?

Looking at the divisions and how things are currently, I’ve got a feeling it’ll be coached by Welterweights. Either Usman vs Burns or Covington vs Masvidal. They’re both big fights that have been in the pipeline seemingly forever now but it’s gone mysteriously quiet on both fronts. Given the choice there, you’ve got to assume the UFC will be all over a Colby vs Jorge season. Both gobshites, both have their share of fans and haters, and there’s the history of them being friends turned enemies. The fight was supposedly being targeted for December at one point but like I said, it got all quiet. As much as I love the Usman vs Burns pairing, it doesn’t scream TUF does it? Incredible fighters and the matchup itself is brilliant but I don’t see them providing the bang as coaches that the revival of tired old TUF needs. 

Saw this on Twitter earlier. Fan made of course but it just looks right. It’s going to happen isn’t it. 

DDF526F3-5FA5-4432-897C-76EE5B59CA5B.jpeg

Could work out nicely for Welterweight as well. Let Usman and Burns battle it out for the title. Then by the time that’s settled, have the winner of Covington vs Masvidal come in with the TUF build against whoever the champ is. Should keep 170 ticking over most of next year. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

TUF’s coming back then. Not sure if Dana said when filming starts but I’m guessing it’ll be fairly soon. Was meant to be Adesanya and Costa coaching leading into their fight but obviously that never ended up happening. Who do we reckon will coach?

Looking at the divisions and how things are currently, I’ve got a feeling it’ll be coached by Welterweights. Either Usman vs Burns or Covington vs Masvidal. They’re both big fights that have been in the pipeline seemingly forever now but it’s gone mysteriously quiet on both fronts. Given the choice there, you’ve got to assume the UFC will be all over a Colby vs Jorge season. Both gobshites, both have their share of fans and haters, and there’s the history of them being friends turned enemies. The fight was supposedly being targeted for December at one point but like I said, it got all quiet. As much as I love the Usman vs Burns pairing, it doesn’t scream TUF does it? Incredible fighters and the matchup itself is brilliant but I don’t see them providing the bang as coaches that the revival of tired old TUF needs. 

Saw this on Twitter earlier. Fan made of course but it just looks right. It’s going to happen isn’t it. 

DDF526F3-5FA5-4432-897C-76EE5B59CA5B.jpeg

Could work out nicely for Welterweight as well. Let Usman and Burns battle it out for the title. Then by the time that’s settled, have the winner of Covington vs Masvidal come in with the TUF build against whoever the champ is. Should keep 170 ticking over most of next year. 

Covington vs Masividal will be horrendous viewing as I think they are the 2 active fighters I dislike the most. Unfortunately because they are a pair of throbbing bellends I will likely find it must watch as well.

• Paid Members

That’s the thing, I can’t stand either of them myself but if TUF’s coming back they need some sizzle and at least this has a backstory. I think Usman vs Burns is a more compelling and competitive actual fight but for a TV show like TUF, Covington vs Masvidal seems like a more obvious fit. Although I’ll cringe throughout it, I can see me actually watching it. Which I can’t say I did much of where TUF is concerned in recent years.

By the way, that poster is by a guy called Needing Art? on Twitter. He posted these alternatives as well...

57F0C1D3-AEA2-47E6-9A7B-92C83AAC740E.jpeg

4B52DF56-E093-4DE0-91ED-AC980A8468A2.jpeg

• Paid Members

The return looks like its gonna be heavily pushed so im expecting a proper rivalry out of the gate to coach it.

Curveball one and thinking they may not go for a title fight with the coaches, but what about Faber/Dillashaw?

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

The return looks like its gonna be heavily pushed so im expecting a proper rivalry out of the gate to coach it.

Curveball one and thinking they may not go for a title fight with the coaches, but what about Faber/Dillashaw?

That would be a good idea actually. Doesn't get in the way of any divisions, but makes sense from a rivalry standpoint. 

18 hours ago, Carbomb said:

What's the animosity between Masvidal and Covington? I thought they'd be Bum-Chums For Trump.

They used to be training partners and also really good friends. Colby used to sleep on Masvidal's couch in his early career.

I think they fell out because Colby "ripped off Jorge's coach" and refused to pay him. Jorge took offence to that and they fell out over it.