• Paid Members

The Ultimate Fighter has been dead for years. Long before the last series that aired, it just became old, tired and stale as a concept over time. But we still all reminisce fondly about the glory days of the show. Basically the first 10 seasons mostly. So many great moments. Even a few of the TUF’s post-10 were really good like The Smashes and the Rousey vs Tate one. The white noise seasons just become more regular as the years went by.

This thread is just for your favourite moments and memories. Quotes, feuds, pranks, best/worst coaches,  best/worst cast members, the lot. There’s a ton of video clips on YouTube so whack them in where possible too.

I’ll kick it off with one of my favourite forgotten bits. This was from TUF 12, the Georges St Pierre vs Josh Koscheck season. I always enjoyed the characters you’d see pop up from time to time as part of the coaching staff. Like who didn’t love Al Stankie on TUF 8. Mad old bastard. Him and Big Nog were the best babyface team in TUF history. On the flipside, Marc Laimon being such an unlikeable prick as a BJJ coach on TUF 4 really added to that season and the episode where Matt Serra finally lost his rag with him was one of the more satisfying moments in the show’s history. Shout out to Ken Shamrock’s roid monkey mate telling all the guys who were cutting weight to “EAT STEAK” on Season 3 while I’m talking TUF background characters.

Anyway, long story short, it’s TUF 12 and GSP has given his team access to the likes of John Danaher, Firas Zahabi and all sorts. First class coaching from the cream of the crop. Then one day he brings in Jean Charles Skarbowsky, a Muay Thai guy. And in walks this little weedy looking, dadbod having, half asleep, drunk. 

And casually takes them all apart.

I loved this guy at the time but totally forgot about him until this video popped into my YouTube recommendations just now.

Over to you. 

• Paid Members

I was only talking about how much I miss TUF recently, but like yourself Magic, it's selective memory that has me pining.
So many great moment, but this always, always comes to the fore whenever I think of TUF and I've loved young Nathan and his little ghetto kangaroo stance, ever since this day:

Not sure if this counts as it was from a Finale, but this is still glorious to watch:

This still creases me to this day. Dana's little innocent sad head:

There was also this. This whole season actually, made me fall in love with JJ

Also, in true UKFF fashion, there should be plop and the Upper Decker from the Hughes/Serra season gave us plop.
Starts at 3.18 on the video:

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

The maddest thing about that was that Ronda had cut weight with one of her fighters before that like it was the actual fight. Imagine being Tate there and knowing that and you still lose? 

While I’m here, this from TUF 8 was fucking gross;

And here’s Kyle Kingsbury expanding on the story and making it even grosser;

The spunk sushi bit was in the DVD extras if I remember right. Dirty sod. 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

There was also this. This whole season actually, made me fall in love with JJ

JJ? For me its CG all the way (even with the terrible boob job). TBH this scene gets the blood rushing down the old member.

Some of the most famous contestants were not main characters on the show itself. 

For example, given his current "fame", you would have thought that Schuab would have been a major part of TUF 10, but he wasn't. I can't remember anything that the dopey fucker actually did on the show itself. Kimbo, McSweeney, Nelson, Meathead, and the chubby lad that Rampage bullied were all more memorable. 

• Paid Members

the first 10 seasons are all worth watching, after that it'd be worth cherry picking a few but it all melds into each other. Id considered subsribing to Fight Pass recently just to rewatch some seasons.

If the UFC does bring it back they need to be more selective during the application process and bring guys in that are gonna make for good TV, rather than just decent prospects.

I'll chime in with some memories in abit...

Edited by Egg Shen

Just now, jimufctna24 said:

Some of the most famous contestants were not main characters on the show itself. 

For example, given his current "fame", you would have thought that Schuab would have been a major part of TUF 10, but he wasn't. I can't remember anything that the dopey fucker actually did on the show itself. Kimbo, McSweeney, Nelson, Meathead, and the chubby lad that Rampage bullied were all more memorable. 

Titties, always Titties.

Going back to Season Six the thing I remember about Richie Hightower is when one Matt Serra's guys gets injured and they have to choose a replacement to fight Mac Danzig.  One by one Dana brings Serra's guys into the room.  Hightower, who had been giving it large, when given the option to come back into the tournament,fight Mac Danzig and potentially make the final, ums and arrs his way around the question and comes up with every excuse possible not to fight while claiming he does want it.  The moment he leaves the room Dana's like "he wants no part of Mac Danzig," while Serra and Ray Longo laugh at what they've just witnessed.

• Paid Members
On 6/18/2020 at 9:37 AM, Magnum Milano said:

Going back to Season Six the thing I remember about Richie Hightower is when one Matt Serra's guys gets injured and they have to choose a replacement to fight Mac Danzig.  One by one Dana brings Serra's guys into the room.  Hightower, who had been giving it large, when given the option to come back into the tournament,fight Mac Danzig and potentially make the final, ums and arrs his way around the question and comes up with every excuse possible not to fight while claiming he does want it.  The moment he leaves the room Dana's like "he wants no part of Mac Danzig," while Serra and Ray Longo laugh at what they've just witnessed.

Danzig was a bit of a grumpy fucker in the house but his utter contempt for Hightower just existing and breathing was one of my little pleasures from TUF 6.