(Not quite) Dream Matches (that could have actually happened)

GeronimoJacksBeard

Yeah for Mania 18

Kurt Angle vs Mr Perfect could've been a nice 10-12 min match, build up pretty much writes itself

Kane vs Kevin Nash would've been a good option to go with, Kane was still over and a monster and Nash wasn't too far from wcw run, any reason why Big Sexy didn't work mania looking back it seems odd he didn't.

29 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

I had no idea they'd ever faced off, might have to try and watch that later.

I wouldn’t bother, it’s a match that got set up on Sunday Night Heat, isn’t much of anything nor does it build to anything else. 

Nash hadn’t been back long after sitting out his Turner contract, think he’d only had half a dozen matches since coming back, all of which involved working with either his Kliq mates or Hogan with the exeption of one match with The Rock. Could’ve been a case of Nash being selective about who he worked with and while I’m sure he was on OK terms with Glen Jacobs (I’m not aware of them having heat with eachother), even going 10 minutes with a guy like him could’ve been a struggle for Nash

Edited by WyattSheepMask

6 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

10 min slug fest would've been fine, just getting face to face pics and big moves for future highlight reels, couldn't be any worse than the forgettable Angle vs Kane.

Oh absolutely and don’t think for a second that I’d be against seeing it, just speculating as to why it might not have come to pass

25 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’d have done Kane vs. Nash in 2011 after he came back as Diesel in the Rumble. Only I’d have had Kane as Diesel as well.

And I’d have put it on WrestleMania XXVII instead of that eight man tag match with The Corre.

Nash should have been booked for the fake Kane angle gig that Gallows got. Just to bring everything full circle.

1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

HHH vs JBL in "battle of the arseholes" in 2005/06 would've been interesting, they teased it at Mania 21 but as far as I'm aware it never happened.

I know things were a long way from PG at that time, but I can't see that getting the green light from Vince.

Then again he frequently got his ass out on television, maybe he'd insist on being the special referee.

• Paid Members

Just seen this clip, in which Bret Hart doubles down on the "who are you to doubt El Dandy?" promo, but also pitches Rey Mysterio as a potential challenger for his title, and I would have loved to have seen that one.

• Paid Members

Bret vs Rey is another one like Bret vs Eddie. It could’ve happened but sadly, during that period in 98/99, it probably would’ve been a huge letdown in the days of 3 minute TV matches with constant run-ins and non-finishes. Bret nearly always brings Rey up whenever he’s asked about who he’d have most liked to wrestle but never got to. It’s always Rey, Angle, Cena and Orton.

It’s not a ‘dream match’ or anything but I wouldn’t have minded seeing that Bret vs Hypnosis title match either. 

On 4/22/2020 at 3:33 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Actually, did Shawn vs Bam Bam ever happen? I’m guessing not because they never really seemed to be on opposite sides of the babyface vs heel divide. They were both baddies from 1992 throughout 1994. Then both turned face in 95. 

That’s an excellent shout.

Closest they ever came to facing eachother was being part of 2 Royal Rumble matches, one at an MSG House Show on January 17th 1994 and then the Royal Rumble PPV itself 5 days later.

They teamed up in a bunch of 6 Man Tags when they were both heels in 93 and 94, then again in 95 when they were both faces for 1 tag match (HBK and Bam Bam v Tatanka and KAMA) and 1 6 Man Tag (Diesel, HBK and Bam Bam v Sid, Tatanka and King Kong Bundy). I suprised they even did those considering Shawn threw a wobbly over Bigelow getting the Wrestlemania main event that year

2 hours ago, The Cutting Edge said:

The Rock vs Randy Orton

We got a tease of it at Mania 20 with Rock n Sock vs Evolution, and they had a few promo exchanges in 04.

I think it would be a good match, neither are move heavy guys so I could see them gelling well, match could still happen at some point, no more than ever anything can happen.

Much prefer to see this than Rock/Reigns that they always appear to be hinting at.