Kobe Bryant dead age 41

I Bent My Wookie

• Paid Members

TMZ reported and its been picked up by the news sites over here as well that Kobe has died in a helicopter crash along with 4 other people. 

I'm not as big a basketball fan as I really used to be but Bryant really was my Michael Jordan of my era growing up. It was only last night that LeBron overtook him as one of the highest scoring players of all time too. 

Absolutely gutting news, he was just such a classy player, all round one of the best, has such a young family as well. 

• Paid Members

There's reports of ex Laker Rick Fox, reports of all his daughters and then one with it being Fox and 2 of the daughters on the way to the Grammy Awards. 

It's fucking horrible, and social media journalism can only be making this worse by all the real time reporting. It has to be absolutely devastating for friends and families, especially with all these rumours circling and nobody able to make a proper statement release on it. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• Paid Members

Bloody hell. The word legend is thrown about a lot but fully justified for Kobe. He was THE guy for a generation. Jordan, then Kobe, then LeBron. I remember when him and Shaq tore shit up for fun in the early 2000s, they seemed unstoppable. RIP

I’m old enough to remember him in his rookie year and it really was a changing of the guard moment with all these young brilliant players coming to the fore as the previous legends retired. Bit of a rapey bastard but one of the all time greats on court.