I hope Finn Balor is past customs ...

IANdrewDiceClay

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Good for him but he still went over there and took their money. 

To be fair, unless he’s a Jew or a woman then he probably doesn’t have much say in the matter. It’s one thing for Cena and Bryan to put their foot down but the mid-carders probably don’t get much of a say.

• Paid Members

Balor is in a better position than most to say no. His equality stance is a big part of his character, and features in his merchandise. What are WWE going to do if he says no? Bury him, and risk the backlash for punishing the man who stands up for equal rights against Saudi Arabia? Fire him and let him go to NJPW/AEW? 

12 hours ago, KJHenley said:

What are WWE going to do if he says no? Bury him, and risk the backlash for punishing the man who stands up for equal rights against Saudi Arabia?

That’s exactly what they’d do and everybody knows it. If they had any real concerns about fan or media backlash they wouldn’t have done the Saudi shows in the first place and we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

That’s exactly what they’d do and everybody knows it. 

I don’t know about that. We’re talking about a company who planned on jobbing Dean Ambrose out to Nia Jax and EC3, only to bottle it out of fear that in today’s climate it would make them look bad and turn him into a martyr. Instead, they chose to push Dean Ambrose as a top guy right up until his final night.

Doing the Saudi shows because it’s too much money to say, “no,” to is one thing, but the continual burial of a popular wrestler out of spite, when fans have been conditioned to recognise and revolt against such things? I’m not sure they have the balls anymore.

Edited by Supremo

If Kevin Owens was able to say no with no issues then Finn Balor will be able to as well. WWE won't want to highlight their wrestlers being against Saudi or it brings attention to their Saudi shows again. WWE are just taking the money now and going for it on a weeks promotion. If anyone doesn't want to be there, I can't see them dishing out punishments.