The Smackers Thread

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Another episode of Smackdown that was mostly just there. It’s like they’ve stopped trying whilst winding down the Fox contract.

Biggest news coming out of it is that LA Knight is still that guy. Quite funny that they’ve seemingly given up on Carmelo Hayes in order to feed him to Knight. Some number one draft pick. At least they’ve realised who they should be hitching their wagon to. Yueah. He rules. Yueah.

Other than that, the only thing worth watching was Nia falling on his arse over and over again on live TV. All over the shop! Perfect comedy. Don’t work with animals, children, or the deadly combination of liquid, hard floor and pro-wrestling boots.

Edited by Supremo
Legend has it, Nia is still slipping over.

Posted (edited)

Hikuleo (Tama and Tanga’s brother) had his last match in New Japan today, his contract runs out at the end of the month so expect him to join the group in the next few weeks/months 

He’s always looked green to me apart from a decent few matches in the G1 last year.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

He’s always looked green to me apart from a decent few matches in the G1 last year.

Big lad though, and easy to protect him within a faction setting in a company where he's not having to actually wrestle regularly. WWE is probably a good place for him, in fairness. 

8 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Think Lashley is injured isn't he?

Can't see them bringing Hikuleo in.

I have asked before, but I will ask again. Where is Jacob Fatu? He will instantly make the Bloodline credible again after they have added those two losers.

Some speculation I've seen was holding off because he can't travel to Europe with his conviction history. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

IMG_8397.thumb.jpeg.3624be8ff49430f4fb54a73b957b065c.jpeg

Talla Tonga. Smalla Tonga. Medium Tonga. Sleepy, Grumpy and Bashful.

In fairness I believe Talla or at least Talua is Hikuleo's real life middle name, so it's not a complete stretch. 

He's a big lad, so if protected, he'll do well enough for them I reckon. 

• Paid Members

Considering the price of the tickets, and how loud the crowd were at points, this was a mostly rubbish Smackdown that delivered very little.

The only real things of note were the fun LA Knight skit where he invades Logan’s house just to have a quick lounge in the pool, and the Cody/AJ promo, mostly for the crowd reaction.

Once again, American pro-wrestling fans should be ashamed of themselves. This was great fun once the crowd settled on the new, “Cody, Cody Rhooooooooodes!” chant. France all over again. Cody looking over the moon, AJ looking pissed off he can’t deliver the (frankly, rubbish) material. Cute that they put up a decibel meter to show how loud the crowd were. They should do that even when they’re back in the States, to highlight how shit their regular crowd is. Watch the meter not budge at all, other than when they do the inevitable, bullshit, “What?” chants.

You’ve got to feel sorry for Paul Ellering though. This man used to come out to the Road Warrior Pop! Now look at him. Whether it’s on Raw or Smackdown, he’s associated with absolute losers that get less than zero reaction from the crowd.

IMG_8424.thumb.jpeg.201d08a7c1c8f89dbb23c1801395d924.jpeg

IMG_8416.thumb.jpeg.99a3a17f969e2e5e4364b4a32dcaac0e.jpeg

Edited by Supremo