Acts of kindness. A UKFF feel good thread.

Bus Surfer

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Naturally full plates of food started showing up at the table, all with plenty of meat. I’d post them on my story pretending to be annoyed, but I was just boxing them up and taking them out side to give to homeless people. After a while there was a big fucking line outside Spoons, I’d stumble out smashed off my face shouting stuff like “who fancies chicken tikka masala?”

I'm going to be really disappointed if you didn't hand over said meals, allow the poor homeless souls to eat their dinner, and then proceed to "kick off" at the fact that they'd just eaten a load of dead animal, the filthy fucking carnists that they are!

Hopefully they're homeless as the result of them losing their jobs in slaughter houses.

• Paid Members

Not in keeping with the thread but I always try to give something to anyone homeless when I'm in Birmingham on a night. Since they knocked the old library down they don't have as may places to take shelter. 

Anyway last time out I gave a bloke £2 and he started rummaging around in his stuff and went to give me change. I've never felt so sad that that's what he thought he should do. 

• Paid Members

About four years I was mowing the front lawn (on my birthday no less!) and my elderly neighbour shouted over “You’re putting my garden to shame!” whilst he was walking to his car. His garden was literally a jungle so I thought while he was out I would sort it out for him. It took me hours but was worth it for the smile on his face when he came back, and the six pack of cokes and thank you card left on my doorstep the next day.

Well four years later I’ve become his personal gardener and all it costs him is six cokes per grass cut. It’s literally an Alan Partridge phrase come true. Also, if it starts getting long, he leaves me one can of coke on my window sil, as a little tease......“cut the grass and there’ll be another five of these on their way to you”

7 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

you've got pricks filming themselves buying a homeless man a meal for clicks

3 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I I let everyone know that they’d actually spent their money feeding homeless people at Christmas and not annoying a vegan. Also I got fucking wasted while doing it, which was great. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I got a good one about helping people while being saddened by the world being such a fucking mess.

Last Christmas I was having some drinks at a whetherspoons and posted on my Instagram story for people to download the app and send free drinks to my table. I made sure to say “I’m vegan though, so don’t send any meat.” Stay with me here...

Naturally full plates of food started showing up at the table, all with plenty of meat. I’d post them on my story pretending to be annoyed, but I was just boxing them up and taking them out side to give to homeless people. After a while there was a big fucking line outside Spoons, I’d stumble out smashed off my face shouting stuff like “who fancies chicken tikka masala?”

End of the night I let everyone know that they’d actually spent their money feeding homeless people at Christmas and not annoying a vegan. Also I got fucking wasted while doing it, which was great. 

For clarity, I knew people would send meat as soon as I asked them not to. 

And then insert name here came up to me with tears in their eyes, shook my hand, and said it was the greatest match they'd ever seen.

Fair play to you on taking several meal sized boxes to a wetherspoons on a christmas night on the piss though. What luck!

One festive season a few years ago I was cutting it fine to get home from a work trip. Pretty much everything that could possibly go wrong on my journey was seemingly conspiring against me, but in amongst the cancelled connections and fully booked hotels (obviously, given the time of year), I met a stranger who made the trek memorable in a variety of ways.

I'm not usually very sociable and to be honest, this bloke was so chipper that he'd have grated on anyone after a while, but when I found out he was so upbeat despite being homeless and a widower, I couldn't help but insist he spend his Thanksgiving with us.

Archived