Shit nicknames

tiger_rick

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, returner82 said:

Gorilla could even get away with multiple nicknames and insults in one sentence: "The Glamour Girls, led to the ring by their manager the Colonel, the Mouth of the South, Jimmy Hart, that mountain of misinformation".

Hang on........

surely this was The Fountain of Misinformation?Ā 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

The Poison Fist of the Pacific Rimā€™ Yoshi Tatsu

Ha! See on paper that sounds intriuging, then you remember itā€™s Yoshi Tatsu and you imagine Striker calling it while Tatsu is wrestling the likes of Tyson Kidd on a Superstars episode and it immediately loses mistiquez.

2008 Michael Cole was deadful. Calling Edge ā€œMachiavellian likeā€ was another case of them trying too hard with stupid phrases/nicknames.Ā 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah right, probably is then. Ā The Texan football player might have gotten his name from him too. @Statto can you help?

Not specifically with the Longhorns player, no - bit before my time of expertise!

Booger is not a hugely uncommon Southern nickname - prominently now there is former LSU player Booger McFarland who until last season was one of ESPN's top college football analysts. I thought he was pretty good, but for some reason he's been relegated to covering an inferior product, as part of the NFL Monday Night Football team.

Generally, it's akin to 'fearful' or 'frightful', as in the 'Booger Man'. McFarland says he got the nickname as a kid due to his constant bad behavior.

IIRC, the Balor one began as "ordinary man who does extraordinary things", as to compare 'normal' Finn to the Demon, in that although 'normal' Finn is 'just a man', he still kicks arse. I think he said it himself in a promo (scripted, I assume).

Then I guess someone piped up with something like "hey pal, none of our superstars are ORDINARY, dammit!" so it became what it is now, which is in it's own way much worse. Seems redundant to need to point out that extraordinary men do extraordinary things. If they didn't, they wouldn't be extraordinary, surely?

Archived