Shit nicknames

tiger_rick

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not a nickname, but that one time where Ziggler and somebody else calling Daniel Bryan a turd at the end of Smackdown one week was awful.

Hated CLB (Creepy Little Bastard) for Christian. However, I love the story behind it- in that Vince just couldn't stand the sight of him.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I pretty much liked every one in this thread and had something to say about a few. Modern wrestling, be it WWE or independent groups, generally have some shockers because most of the good ones have already been used.

One of the ones I hate, and I generally love Jim Cornette, was the one he used in OVW for Flash Flanagan. I never saw anything in him, but Corny did. I think he would've called him the show stealer if it hadn't already been used (and I'm not talking about Alex Shane), so the seeming substitute was "the man who loves to steal the show".

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Not a nickname, but that one time where Ziggler and somebody else calling Daniel Bryan a turd at the end of Smackdown one week was awful.

Hated CLB (Creepy Little Bastard) for Christian. However, I love the story behind it- in that Vince just couldn't stand the sight of him.

See also: Owen Hart - Nugget. I didn't realise until I revisited some '98 shows recently that he had to wear a t-shirt with words to the effect of "I am not a nugget" on it.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, returner82 said:

See also: Owen Hart - Nugget. I didn't realise until I revisited some '98 shows recently that he had to wear a t-shirt with words to the effect of "I am not a nugget" on it.

Oh that's a great shout, Nugget was awful. I wasn't watching at the time, so I was confused when I got back into wrestling and when playing WWF Attitude/Warzone I kept hearing "I am not a nugget!" whenever playing against Owen. Confused the hell out of me as I never considered they were actually referring to a nugget of shit. But they were. Oh boy.

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

Oh that's a great shout, Nugget was awful. I wasn't watching at the time, so I was confused when I got back into wrestling and when playing WWF Attitude/Warzone I kept hearing "I am not a nugget!" whenever playing against Owen. Confused the hell out of me as I never considered they were actually referring to a nugget of shit. But they were. Oh boy.

Granted, there'd been stuff like Buck Robley wearing t-shirts with "Don't call me yellow!" back in the day, but there seems something far more spiteful and weird about nugget and turd.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I think was Ambrose was calling it him too.

The talk of 'Nugget' makes me thankful that Bryan's nickname got dropped because he would've likely had "I am not a TURD!" added to the start of his entrance music.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

I think was Ambrose was calling it him too.

Yeah I think it might have been. It went something along the lines of:

"You're a turd"

"Yeah, you're a turn bro"

*FADE TO END*

Nugget and turd seem like things from the bizarre psyche of Vince McMahon, where the worst thing in the world (because his dad didn't claim him for a few years) is being called a bastard. On that premise, let's not forget Lashley's classic which kinda combines the two:

Archived