Shit nicknames

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

This one annoys me too. If anything, him and gravity are best mates as his aerial attacks utilize it so well. Can't do much damage without gravity forcing you back down to Earth, otherwise you'd fly off into space or perhaps you'd glide down slowly like in those moon levels in Super Mario Land 2.

"The Man that Gravity Remembered" isn't exactly an improvement though. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Booger Red was a college footballer who was a ginger hardman, something like that.  Given JRs love for college football, it comes from there.  At least he didn't call him "Red Puppy Brick" or something like that.

I'm sure I remember him saying he was named after a famous severely disfigured cowboy called booger red.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

"The World's WHINING Federation" - copyright E.Bischoff.

Oh man, that's reminded me of the Dolph Ziggler vs. John Morrison feud from about ten years ago that resulted in the toe-curling 'Mr Ziggles' insult/nickname.

2 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I'm sure I remember him saying he was named after a famous severely disfigured cowboy called booger red.

Ah right, probably is then.  The Texan football player might have gotten his name from him too. @Statto can you help?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

WWE.com is normally really bad for really bad nicknames in their Raw and Smackers (fwaaa fwaaa) results. 'The Huggable One' for Bayley is particularly egregious at the moment, and I'm not a fan of 'The Living Truth' for Elias either.

Any modern day WWE variation of "The *adjective* One" can fuck off. If the best nickname you can come up with is just a literal description of their gimmick, you probably can't justify drawing a paycheque from working in creative.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

This thread will undoubtedly be full of absolute garbage Michael Cole has been forced to peddle for the last 15 years but before it does, mine comes from the Poundland Meltzer himself, Fin Martin. It used to drive me mad that he'd call the Undertaker "Undi". I mean, when has that ever been a thing? I would genuinely have preferred him to just call him Mark like some ... sure there's a word for this. Found an old PS and managed two pages before I came across "Undi" again and went off to drown some puppies in a fit of rage.

Let the Michael Cole battering begin...

The Poundland Meltzer, I love it!

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Yeah, I never understood why Taker wanted association with bogeys. I nearly hated Big Evil more though, because it was another example of big Mark fancying himself as "proper hard" like he could have done MMA. Cole referring to him as being "the best pure striker" took the piss as they had plenty of better punchers and better kickers at any given point in his run to date.

The one that bugged me was when the WWF changed it to Wrecking Machine. I understood Human Suplex Machine, it worked. Then he comes to the big man's fed and you want to call him THAT?? This wee fella isn't wrecking anyone.

"Great White" for Sheamus, I thought was rubbish.

Plus we all know that the Human Wrecking Machine is Zeus.

50 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I thought Big Evil was pretty shit tbh.

I'm not sure King Kong Bundy's description as the "Walking Condominium" was very threatening either.

I don't mind that too much, or the condominium with feet, because those were typical Gorilla Monsoon over-exuberance ("They're literally hanging from the rafters! The electricity is so thick you can cut it with a knife!"), which from anyone else sounds like bullshit but from him was completely charming.

Archived