Funko Pop!

5pints

As I've said in another thread I only have a Laura Palmer Pop figure but that looks nothing like any other and is probably the most distinctive of the lot, I mean it's a dead girl wrapped in plastic. I've seen far too many that look just like another, a random dude with big eyes.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the hype surrounding these. Massively overpriced and odd looking. I have a friend who collects these and has 100s all boxed up stacked in the spare room. The different versions of the same figure appeal to collectors but they're a rip off. Looking through this thread I haven't seen a good argument for collecting them. 

Is unboxing them a sin?

Put me down in the cannot understand it camp. Spending stupid money on what is essentially a shit toy. My mates has hundreds of the fuckers and yet has the cheek to tut if I buy a pricey bottle of alcohol. I honestly cannot wrap my head around it; am I missing something? 

£10 isn't really that expensive considering WWE Elite figures cost £25-30, they do need to knock the needless variations on the head though like the 8-bit models or the Batman colour variants

Titan can do one though, £13 for a figure you don't what is until you open it up, same goes for the Loyal Subjects for that matter, at least Funko keep the price somewhat decent for their blind package stuff (£6 for the Mystery Minis, £3 for the Pint Size Heros)

• Paid Members

I'm not sure there is a good argument for collecting them outside you like the look of them. I keep them inthe boxes myself purely because I think they look better in the box. I think the thing is you either like the way they look or you don't. It boils down to that.

I've no idea where the stupid money criticism comes from. They are at most 15 quid. I usually only get them under a tenner. I suppose if you wanted rare ones then your paying stupid money but that's with anything rare.

Archived