Funko Pop!

5pints

I was given a DC Comics Super Heroes 01 Batman for my birthday. Not something I asked for and not something I gave a lot of thought about before other than seeing them for sale at comic cons. Looking at it sat on my shelf it's slowly winning me over.

Do you collect? If so, what's the appeal?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yep I really like them now, as they got cooler licenses they really won me over. To the point now I follow a bunch of YouTubers and my wife also has grown to love them.

She's the anomalie as with me I've always been a collector of all sorts of stuff, as detailed in that thread but she's never been one for it. Merely tolerated me for twenty years.

This yeah for her birthday she asked for a couple of Jurassic Park pops so naturally I bought her most of them including the sexy shirtless Jeff Goldblum. (A little bit for me)

My favourite I've got right now has to be Wendy Torrance from The Shinning. Such a bizarre thing to have a toy of.

It should be said I'm not a completest type. I just buy the ones I really like to look at. Next ones on my agenda are Baywatch and Bill & Ted. Looks like Bill & Ted I might have fork out abit more because they have been vaulted.

Here's my little pop collection..

https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/member/collection/def/T2NO7OGX15D1UUBR/

• Paid Members

I recently picked up a Razor Ramon funko pop on Amazon for what I thought was the surprisingly low price of about £7. I then looked into how much the likes of Hogan and Savage funkos cost and they're in the region of £60-100. So I looked for a Nash or Diesel one, but it doesn't seem like they made one for him.

I'd really only be interested in "retro" wrestling Funko pops but the vast majority of one's I'd actually want are just insanely expensive. So I'll just be content with my Razor one for now.

• Paid Members

Mixed feelings. Some, once you’ve taken them out the box could be any number of people as they can look very generic. But people like, the afformentioned Bill and Ted obviously do stand out as their outfits are more unique. I just have ones I like so have them, shirt opened Jeff Goldblum, Tron, Scrooge in a pile of money. Really want Tobias Funke as a blue man but that was a chase which was hard to get

• Paid Members

I really hope the 3rd Bill & Ted movie gets more Bill & Ted pops made. There's loads of room for fun. Napoleon covered in ice cream or chase with his swimming gear on. Genghis Kharn with chase skateboard and american football gear. Death with scythe or base guitar. A two pack with Station. Dead Bill & Ted, evil robot us'es, good robot us'es and of course Rufus.

• Paid Members

I have 5. One was an accidental duplicate a friend bought two of for her wife, the other 3/4 were gifts. They are Kylo Ren, Spider-Gwen, Sasha Banks, and due to a shipping cock up, two identical ones of Bret.

I have almost no opinion on them either way. I appreciate the gifts show what I'm into. As figures... (shrug)

58 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

I recently picked up a Razor Ramon funko pop on Amazon for what I thought was the surprisingly low price of about £7. I then looked into how much the likes of Hogan and Savage funkos cost and they're in the region of £60-100. So I looked for a Nash or Diesel one, but it doesn't seem like they made one for him.

I'd really only be interested in "retro" wrestling Funko pops but the vast majority of one's I'd actually want are just insanely expensive. So I'll just be content with my Razor one for now.

Go to your local Entertainer toy shop, they have POPs of DiBiase and Shieky Baby atm for £6.66 (they also have the Balor, Goldberg and Foley ones for the same price

• Paid Members

I've got a couple. I quite like them, and if I had a bit more shelf space in the flat I wouldn't mind getting a small collection going, but I'm in no hurry to make that happen. 

The only proper Funkos I've bought are David Bowie as Jareth, and the Log Lady from Twin Peaks. I've also got a Finn Balor that came in a lootbox thing, and a tiny John Cena "pint sized hero" one that came from a mystery bag thing - either from a loot crate again, or a mate buying it, can't remember. Then I've got a set of mini Funko keyrings of the kids from Stranger Things and a Demogorgon.

• Paid Members

These seem like one step below those stupid bobble heads things, or those South Park versions of characters that were everywhere on the internet in the late 90s. I don't really understand why people would want effigies of things they like, made to look shite and identikit. 

Archived