Biscuit chat

Otto Dem Wanz

35 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

It seems the smiley face jam cream biscuit in family circle is no more

Replaced with a jammy dodger

Excellent, buying three boxes tomorrow. There's no place in a dodger for cream.

• 2 weeks later...

@Carbombwe are currently doing all our shopping at Asda via click and collect, I'm so grateful they don't sell these. I'm currently pregnant and they've already said the baby is on the big size (98th percentile) and I think it would be obese if I could get my hands on those biscuits.

@SuperBaconHave you tried Haagen-Daz Caramel Biscuit and Speculoos ice cream? It's basically a generic brand Lotus biscuit and spread ice cream, it's so good.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

You had the spread? It's...dangerous.

Oh, I've had the spread. Prefer the smooth to the crunchy, but it's still all fiendish and insidious. 

It's so bad for you, yet ticks the same boxes that make people crave junk food. They should call it "Eric Biscoff". 

12 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@Carbombwe are currently doing all our shopping at Asda via click and collect, I'm so grateful they don't sell these. I'm currently pregnant and they've already said the baby is on the big size (98th percentile) and I think it would be obese if I could get my hands on those biscuits.

@SuperBaconHave you tried Haagen-Daz Caramel Biscuit and Speculoos ice cream? It's basically a generic brand Lotus biscuit and spread ice cream, it's so good.

Bloody hell, yeh - definitely a good thing they don't sell them then. 

I've had that ice cream too. Almost as dangerous as the spread. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Regarding those Maryland cookies, is there anything other than ice cream that has a nice cookies and cream flavour? It's usually pretty rank.

My local Morrisons has these bad boys on offer at the moment...

5064-bahlsenwhitechocoleibniz-new2019-w8

Most Choco Leibniz are superb. I'm not a fan of orange chocolate in general, so wouldn't go for those, but everything else they put out is gold.

Just now, johnnyboy said:

Biscuit adjacent, but the English Cheesecake Company Biscoff Cheesecake with crumbled biscuit on the top is absolute filth.

Yes. Yes, it is.

Edited by Carbomb

1 minute ago, johnnyboy said:

Biscuit adjacent, but the English Cheesecake Company Biscoff Cheesecake with crumbled biscuit on the top is absolute filth.

When I worked at Waitrose, it was stunning at how many I 'damaged' of those coming off the delivery cage.

They then went straight to the staff room fridge for break time. No correlation. 

My sister works for a high end chocolate store. If anything melts slightly, gets damaged or is broken, they can not sell it and it goes in to the staff room and they can take it home.

A customer once dropped £100 box that they do and broke one single chocolate in there and slightly damaged the box. The store manager decided to do a competition between the staff and whoever had the highest sales that week got to take it home. My sister won, the box was half the size of our 8 person dining table!  I am so spoiled when it comes to chocolate. They do some amazing biscuits too actually. They currently do a granola and chocolate one which is delicious.