Old finishers that need to be brought back

Statto

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I'm thinking the Rockers win them in the October (as was the plan until Neidhart ribbed the ropes off), and then Roma and Herc win them at Mania. You'll get a good Rockers run out of it as well.

Of course, some members may not know that in the few days after the phantom title switch was filmed but before they decided it couldn't air, the Rockers were defending the belts against Herc and Roma on house shows.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They should bring back the Money Shot/Big splash off the top rope for one of the bigger lads. Always a cracking visual and relatively simple in execution. Ditto a Vader Bomb, which I think I've seen Nia Jax use although knowing her she probably executes it horribly. 

Mark Henry's World's Strongest Slam will be up for grabs now - that can be re-named and given to someone else. Think it would be impressive from someone like a Lars Sullivan from NXT. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

They should bring back the Money Shot/Big splash off the top rope for one of the bigger lads. Always a cracking visual and relatively simple in execution.

I was thinking a good big splash or Frog Splash with height or grace would be an excellent finish for one of the middleweight types then I remembered Rollins effectively uses the High Fly Flow for a mid-match near fall. Which made me angry.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

The cobra clutch with that visual for Harper is a blinding shout, but It needs a Minoru Suzuki style exclamation point. Transition into Rainmaker?

Lot of technique being discussed for a monster who should be ragdolling people. The guy's got presence and can be genuinely scary, I don't want him twisting an arm or applying pressure to the carotid artery, restricting the flow of blood to the brain. He could get a monstrous short-arm clothesline over as a finish easily without theatrics.

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I was thinking a good big splash or Frog Splash with height or grace would be an excellent finish for one of the middleweight types then I remembered Rollins effectively uses the High Fly Flow for a mid-match near fall. Which made me angry.

I know hardly anyone watches it but Lio Rush does a fantastic Frog Splash with height on 205 Live. I’ve always liked the Burning Hammer as a finished. Don’t think anyone has done it since Tyler Reks. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

I know hardly anyone watches it but Lio Rush does a fantastic Frog Splash with height on 205 Live. I’ve always liked the Burning Hammer as a finished. Don’t think anyone has done it since Tyler Reks. 

Mustache Mountain use it as a finish and when KOR kicked out of it at Takeover I slunked back in my chair and muttered "For fucks sake". No one should be kicking out of the fucking Burning Hammer unless it's for a massively important occasion.

• Paid Members

The Crush style "head vice" could work well for someone like Strowman or Lars Sullivan. Have it as an inescapable hold and make sure his opponent sells the shit out of it and it would make a great visual way to end the match...

Did anyone ever use a "Brain Drain" type move as a finisher? I'm thinking like the head vice previously mentioned, but using the knuckles on his opponent's temples? I have a vague memory of seeing it, but can't think where from?

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

I’ve always liked the Burning Hammer as a finished. Don’t think anyone has done it since Tyler Reks. 

LOL! Tyler's faceplant finish was as close to The Burning Hammer as Cena's finish is to a Death Valley Driver. Bastard ginger step-sibling, picked last in PE, smells like sour milk.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Cod Eye said:

Did anyone ever use a "Brain Drain" type move as a finisher? I'm thinking like the head vice previously mentioned, but using the knuckles on his opponent's temples? I have a vague memory of seeing it, but can't think where from?

Bob Laughter finished with a knuckle to the temple until he got cushy with Sadaam and switched to the Camel Clutch.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Merzbow said:

No-ones doing a Shoulder Breaker as a finisher, are they? I always loved the move but I can't recall ever seeing it used much post Scott Norton.

Birchall used a shoulder breaker for a small period of time, he transitioned into an armbar for added effect.

The Dominator is definitely a move a big bastard should be breaking out.

• Awards Moderator
18 minutes ago, Teedy Kay said:

Birchall used a shoulder breaker for a small period of time, he transitioned into an armbar for added effect.

The Dominator is definitely a move a big bastard should be breaking out.

What's Lashley's finisher these days? I remember him using the Dominator in his first run before they switched him to the Running Powerslam, but with that being Strowman's move now, I was wondering what he does.

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, air_raid said:
People talking about the Burning Hammer.... I forgot Kendrick had busted one out. For 2. Sickening.

I remember this. I also remember forgiving it because it's Ibushi and he could no-sell a bump through adamantium and I'd still love him.

Archived