Old finishers that need to be brought back

Statto

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

The Eliminators Total Elimination was a cool move if done properly I thought. I remember they did it to Pablo Marquez once and it looked like they absolutely murdered the poor bastard. Great finish move I thought. 

This one on Mikey looked pretty cool too tbh.

https://youtu.be/7l1Et65Kss0

The big problem I see with Total Elimination is that the person taking the move has very much nothing in the way to protect themselves due to the speed and power of it when it's done properly. It does look like a devastating finisher though especially if the opponent is lightweight, the one Francine in ECW took was one hell of a bump.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

Anyone using the X-Factor these days? Tyler Breeze could have made good use of it. Smashing your opponents face to ensure he remains the prettiest in WWE. 

Mustafa Ali is using it in 205 Live - not as a finisher though. And wasn’t it one of the Bellas’ finishers?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Mustafa Ali is using it in 205 Live - not as a finisher though. And wasn’t it one of the Bellas’ finishers?

The Bella Buster, as used by Brie, the shitter one. Mrs Cena has decent finishers.

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

There's nobody in WWE just using a good old-fashioned powerbomb at the moment, is there?

Regular powerbomb no, I dont believe. Although Tyler Bate and Toni Storm both go home with Tiger Drivers.

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

The Bella Buster, as used by Brie, the shitter one. Mrs Cena has decent finishers.

Regular powerbomb no, I dont believe. Although Tyler Bate and Toni Storm both go home with Tiger Drivers.

Yeah Brie's version was pretty poor but she does do a decent job of the Yes Lock these days, used to love Nikki's torture rack back breaker till it turned out to be one of the reasons her neck was fucked up, she does a good TKO now

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Callum1993 said:

Isn’t Brian Kendrick’s finisher basically this? Sliced Bread No 2 isn’t it? 

Nah, not quite the same. Sliced Bread No. 2's a backflip reverse DDT, the Acid Drop's a twisty bulldog.

• Paid Members

I've never seen any tag team do the double splash from the same top turnbuckle as a finisher after the Hollywood Blondes broke up, looks like a finisher that could be used by a current tag team.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

https://m.imgur.com/pGjKIoR the test drive aka Roll the dice 

Cody Rhodes has been doing the CrossRhodes for some time. In fact he's probably the only guy to actually get it over as a finish in WWE. I know he's not there now, but it was relatively recent.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Cody Rhodes has been doing the CrossRhodes for some time. In fact he's probably the only guy to actually get it over as a finish in WWE. I know he's not there now, but it was relatively recent.

It will always be the Hero's Welcome to me. Cody and Test are frauds.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PJ Power said:

I've never seen any tag team do the double splash from the same top turnbuckle as a finisher after the Hollywood Blondes broke up, looks like a finisher that could be used by a current tag team.

The Chetti/Nova splash & legdrop version, The Tidal Wave, was also pretty good in it's day. Anything simultaneous off the top rope looks a bit naff to fans outside the WWE bubble in an era where the Golden Lovers are performing the Golden Shower but it could still work for a main roster tag team.

Ditto the Hardys' double impact dives from opposite corners. Timed well that looks devastating.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

It will always be the Hero's Welcome to me. Cody and Test are frauds.

Nah, Cody's probably done the best version I've ever seen. Actually looks painful. And like I say, he's the only guy to get it over in WWE. I always found it odd that people still refer to it as the Testdrive, given he only used it for about two matches before getting rid. And Carlito used it briefly too. In fact, at one point, I'm pretty sure a few others That said, out of the two Rhodes Bros. finishers, I think I prefer Goldust's most recent one - I remember it starting off as a bit of a crappy twisting suplex, but he turned it into a cool lifting neckbreaker.

• Paid Members

It was because it was named 'Testdrive' in the Smackdown games so it kinda stuck as his move. Cody's version looked great with the right opponent but Chris Hero's lanky frame made his Hero's Welcome look great whoever he was in the ring with.

Didn't that move become one of a few moves that seemingly all new WWE guys were given as a finisher? For the longest time, whenever someone new debuted, they'd have some variation of the flat liner, Hero's Welcome or some other awful looking neckbreaker.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Sphinx said:

The Gas Mask is due a comeback.

Luke Gallows had that last, back in the SES days, as the "Gallows Pole" or "12th Step", interchangeably.

Don't think he's busted it out this run. It is a pretty cool move, IMO.

Archived